Need quick Ohio refresher

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docachna

Need quick Ohio refresher

Post by docachna »

Moved to TN from OH 5 years ago. Driving up later this week, and my wife will be driving our rental car one day. I don't want to leave my Glock in the room we're in, so it's gonna go with her.

Memory's a little fuzzy on the mode in which a non-CHL holder must have a handgun when transporting it in a vehicle in Ohio. I have a cable gun safe I anticipated trying to secure it with in the trunk, but loaded ? Unloaded ? Magazines separated ? Ammo separated ? Don't want to get her jammed up, and frankly -- I forget. :(

Help a brother out ???!?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Need quick Ohio refresher

Post by Cruiser »

docachna wrote:Moved to TN from OH 5 years ago. Driving up later this week, and my wife will be driving our rental car one day. I don't want to leave my Glock in the room we're in, so it's gonna go with her.

Memory's a little fuzzy on the mode in which a non-CHL holder must have a handgun when transporting it in a vehicle in Ohio. I have a cable gun safe I anticipated trying to secure it with in the trunk, but loaded ? Unloaded ? Magazines separated ? Ammo separated ? Don't want to get her jammed up, and frankly -- I forget. :(

Help a brother out ???!?
I might be over doing it but do everything in red and she will be ok.
Someone will be along shortly to refine this! 8)
Abandon ye all HOPE!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Need quick Ohio refresher

Post by JustaShooter »

I take it she doesn't have a CHL from TN or elsewhere?

Gun unloaded, cased (your gun safe will be fine). Mags can be loaded, and must be in a container that provides complete and separate enclosure from the gun. If you are using a cabled gun safe, then just put the loaded mags in the glove box (and the gun safe can be inside the passenger compartment, say, cabled to the seat frame and slid up under the seat, if you desire).
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!