caller reporting rape shot by police while on phone w/them

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Face

Re: caller reporting rape shot by police while on phone w/th

Post by Face »

If the Officer somehow stays on the force, I'll bet it will be hard to find a partner/rider.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Radio audio after shooting
http://www.mnpoliceclips.com/Minneapoli ... unds-.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kare11.com/news/mpls-police- ... /457339023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruno said Harrity was driving the squad car and Noor was in the passenger seat. Police sources tell KARE 11 Noor reached across Harrity and fired several shots out the window, striking Damond.

When Noor opened fire, his partner was "stunned," according to the source. .
curious how accurate these sources are.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Heard a loud noise, so he shot the first thing he saw moving.....
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/18/of ... sound.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to the BCA’s preliminary investigation, Noor and the officer driving the car, Harrity, responded to a 911 call from Damond about a possible assault near her home around 11:30 pm Saturday night.

Harrity said he was startled by a loud noise just before Damond approached the driver’s side window. That’s when Noor fired his gun, according to Harrity.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
High Power

Post by High Power »

Given the fact that there has been a drastic increase of rapes caused by Somalians in Minneapolis and she was reporting a rape, this causes one to wonder if the shooter was trying to keep her from identifying a possible Somalian suspect?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Somali American police association?
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Brian D. wrote:I've read a lot about this today. Right now I see no reasonable defense for the officer's actions. None, nada, zilch.
A) Isn't there generally a 48 hour period before they have to give a statement. That gives much time to discuss various defensive strategies before it's time to go "on the record". Plenty enough time to get everyone on the same page of the script.

B) Who said anything about "reasonable"? You know there simply needs to be a great fear. Reasonable or not. Benefit of the doubt goes to the costume. Without contradicting video, his word is good as gold.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

bignflnut wrote:
Brian D. wrote:I've read a lot about this today. Right now I see no reasonable defense for the officer's actions. None, nada, zilch.
A) Isn't there generally a 48 hour period before they have to give a statement. That gives much time to discuss various defensive strategies before it's time to go "on the record". Plenty enough time to get everyone on the same page of the script.

B) Who said anything about "reasonable"? You know there simply needs to be a great fear. Reasonable or not. Benefit of the doubt goes to the costume. Without contradicting video, his word is good as gold.
And if that's not good enough, the victim's character (and those of her friends and family) will be dragged through the mud.

The only monkey wrench in the works is the shooter's ID. There will be unquestioning support, but some of the usual suspects will hang back, especially in the online newspaper and TV comment sections.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Bruenor wrote:Heard a loud noise, so he shot the first thing he saw moving.....
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/18/of ... sound.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to the BCA’s preliminary investigation, Noor and the officer driving the car, Harrity, responded to a 911 call from Damond about a possible assault near her home around 11:30 pm Saturday night.

Harrity said he was startled by a loud noise just before Damond approached the driver’s side window. That’s when Noor fired his gun, according to Harrity.
How long does it take to draw, acquire a target and fire from a seated position in a car? My guess is longer than it takes to recover from being startled. Or was this guy riding around holding his gun in his lap?
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Bruenor wrote:Radio audio after shooting
http://www.mnpoliceclips.com/Minneapoli ... unds-.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kare11.com/news/mpls-police- ... /457339023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruno said Harrity was driving the squad car and Noor was in the passenger seat. Police sources tell KARE 11 Noor reached across Harrity and fired several shots out the window, striking Damond.

Well, if the part about the shooter firing his handgun in the car is face is accurate, I'll bet the "stunned" part is true.

I wonder if the cop is left or right handed. The graphic computer simulation showed the passenger cop firing his gun with his left hand, one handed, essentially in front of the drivers face. If he was right handed, that would be harder to do. (in front of drivers face I mean)
High Power

Post by High Power »

M-Quigley wrote:

Well, if the part about the shooter firing his handgun in the car is face is accurate, I'll bet the "stunned" part is true.

I wonder if the cop is left or right handed. The graphic computer simulation showed the passenger cop firing his gun with his left hand, one handed, essentially in front of the drivers face. If he was right handed, that would be harder to do. (in front of drivers face I mean)
Cop or not; if I was the one in the driver's seat and a gun was fired in front of my face, I would be extremely POed with my [former] partner. I would not be abiding by any "code of silence" or adhering to any "thin blue line;" especially after firing a gun in front of my face.

That's not to say that I wouldn't be upset about the moron taking an innocent person's life.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

M-Quigley wrote:

If he was right handed, all he'd have to do is lean forward slightly and toward the "threat". Pretty natural if you are going to shoot around the driver.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

High Power wrote:Cop or not; if I was the one in the driver's seat and a gun was fired in front of my face, I would be extremely POed with my [former] partner. I would not be abiding by any "code of silence" or adhering to any "thin blue line;" especially after firing a gun in front of my face.
It's very complicated due to the clash of multiple narratives:
  • The victim HAD to be responsible somehow.
  • The cop's the real "victim".
  • You NEVER testify against another cop, ESPECIALLY your partner.
  • Muslims are always on the edge of jihad.
  • Muslims NEVER commit jihad.
  • Police should shoot any time they're "afraid".
  • Police should only shoot when they have a REASONABLE fear.
  • The victim had it coming because of all the Black people who've been shot by police.
  • The victim was shot because of a lack of gun control.
If the partner does testify against the shooter, at least SOME other cops will attempt to brand him a "rat" and punish him. Others won't care because of the shooter's identity.

On the plus side, all of this will probably cause the left to further destroy itself in internecine warfare. Is he guilty because he's a cop? Or is he not guilty because he's a Black Muslim who shot a White woman? Is this "violence against women", or is it "checking White privilege?
High Power wrote:That's not to say that I wouldn't be upset about the moron taking an innocent person's life.
If I had to bet, that's going to rank VERY far down the rank and file's list of priorities.
High Power

Post by High Power »

My comments below in RED.
deanimator wrote:
High Power wrote:Cop or not; if I was the one in the driver's seat and a gun was fired in front of my face, I would be extremely POed with my [former] partner. I would not be abiding by any "code of silence" or adhering to any "thin blue line;" especially after firing a gun in front of my face.
It's very complicated due to the clash of multiple narratives:
  • The victim HAD to be responsible somehow.
  • The cop's the real "victim".
  • You NEVER testify against another cop, ESPECIALLY your partner.
  • Muslims are always on the edge of jihad.
  • Muslims NEVER commit jihad.
  • Police should shoot any time they're "afraid".
  • Police should only shoot when they have a REASONABLE fear.
  • The victim had it coming because of all the Black people who've been shot by police.
  • The victim was shot because of a lack of gun control.
If the partner does testify against the shooter, at least SOME other cops will attempt to brand him a "rat" and punish him. Others won't care because of the shooter's identity.

On the plus side, all of this will probably cause the left to further destroy itself in internecine warfare. Is he guilty because he's a cop? No. Or is he not guilty because he's a Black Muslim who shot a White woman? No. Is this "violence against women", or is it "checking White privilege? No.

All those factors may be indicative of his motivation or mindset. In the end, he is just plain guilty.
High Power wrote:That's not to say that I wouldn't be upset about the moron taking an innocent person's life.
If I had to bet, that's going to rank VERY far down the rank and file's list of priorities. It's sad to say but you are probably 100% correct.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

High Power wrote:All those factors may be indicative of his motivation or mindset. In the end, he is just plain guilty.
Between the various factions of the "resistance" and the "[only] blue lives matter" types, facts won't even be a consideration.

The narrative and ONLY the narrative matters.

Whether the particular narrative says the cop could do no wrong because he was a cop (or a Black Muslim cop), or that he could do no right because he was a cop (or a Black Muslim cop), any facts will be ruthlessly hammered into shape to fit the demands of ideology.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

second hand info from officer Noors friends
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... d-him.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Transcript of the 911 call at the site as well.. no section of her being on 911 call when they arrived though.
According to Noor's version when they reached the end of the alley, they came across a waiting, panicking figure.

It was dark, and the figure was moving around and approached their vehicle.

Noor said he did not know whether the figure who rushed towards their vehicle was the 911 caller or even if it was a man or woman.

He his weapon through Harrity's open driver's window hitting his victim once in the abdomen.
The friend said: 'Mohamed believes he acted to protect himself and his colleague, but accepts since that she was not armed.

'It was over in seconds and it was a very tense moment. He is sorry for the woman and her family.

'But he would never have opened fire without genuinely feeling in danger.'

The officer, who is now suspended form the Minneapolis P.D., feels he has been 'thrown under the bus' by his Minneapolis police colleagues, the friend said.

'He is aware that they normally come together at times like this and support each other with slogans like 'Blue Lives Matter'.

'But in this situation he has realized he is probably alone with his legal team and Somali police colleagues.

'He feels like he is being thrown under the bus and his colleagues are accusing him of not showing proper police conduct on Saturday night.
Of course he's going to say he felt he was in danger. at this point he doesn't have any other arguments available on his side. Too skittish to be a police officer. Was told the caller was panicking, what would he expect her to do when the cruiser showed up on scene.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson