Constitutional Carry question.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tonik

Constitutional Carry question.

Post by Tonik »

Are we shooting ourselves in the foot with Constitutional Carry? My concern is we will lose reciprocity with other States. Our permit will no longer be similar to theirs. Or am I missing something?
buckeye43210

Re: Constitutional Carry question.

Post by buckeye43210 »

Let's use Arizona as an example. They have Constitutional Carry, but they still issue CCW permits. Here's a an overview.
It is ILLEGAL for any person to carry concealed in Bars or Restaurants that serve alcohol or all Federal Gun Free School Zones unless that person possesses a valid CCW permit from Arizona, or another state. Arizona's Constitutional Carry right is not recognized by any other state or tribal entity. Also, without a CCW permit you will be subjected to the NICS background check before you can take your new gun home.

So, to review, CCW permit holders...

...can carry concealed weapons into Bars and Restaurants that serve alcohol, so long as they do not drink and the establishment doesn't prohibit entry with a firearm

...can carry concealed weapons through Federal Gun Free School Zones

...can carry in many other states and National Parks (currently 34 states, see state-to-state reciprocity)

...are exempt from the NICS background check anytime they purchase a gun from licensed gun dealer
Tonik

Post by Tonik »

Go it, this is in addition to the current CHL, not a full replacement. with a few extra restrictions. I see that now that I read the actual proposed bill. TYVM for the clarification, much appreciated.
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

As has been said, it won't eliminate our CHL it'll just make it optional. Anybody who travels will still want to get the CHL for the reciprocity with other states.

That said, when people come to you asking for your support for governor in 2018 ASK THEM if they would sign a constitutional carry bill. :idea:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Personally, I'd apply that litmus test to anyone seeking public office.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.