LEGISLATIVE ACTION DAYS

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: LEGISLATIVE ACTION DAYS

Post by Chuck »

Anybody from out of town who does stay overnight, we can all get together for supper if you want to
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Chuck wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:I do have two vacation days left that have to be used before April. Hmmmmm.......
These particular dates we're using is because I have two I have to use before March 25
Do it Jeff!
How many times you posted "Go get'em Chuck" when I was going down there?

Come on man!
Drive to my house and we'll ride in together from here
I'm in. Ain't doin no monkey suit though.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

pirateguy191 wrote:I'm in. Ain't doin no monkey suit though.
Pirateguy191 brings up a good point - what attire should we plan on wearing?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

pirateguy191 wrote:I'm in. Ain't doin no monkey suit though.
In case anyone wonders what the dress code is like for something like this - slacks and a polo shirt (preferably an OFCC branded one) is fine. If you have a blazer throw it on, but do NOT wear a tie! I only wear a tie if I am going to be giving testimony before a committee. That's not on our agenda, so no tie for me.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Chuck wrote:I WANT you to come down here!
Especially on the 21 & 22
What time do you need us, Chuck?

How long are we needed to stay?
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

BB62 wrote:
Chuck wrote:I WANT you to come down here!
Especially on the 21 & 22
What time do you need us, Chuck?

How long are we needed to stay?
First appointments so far are at 8:00, I think, and the last so far, is at 4:00pm, so planning on being there until at least 5:00 is probably a good idea.
I'll double check the list when I get home tonight to be sure, and we are still making appointments too.

I think we ought to meet up around 7:30 or so to divide into groups and take a picture or two

Thanks!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Chuck wrote:I think we ought to meet up around 7:30 or so to divide into groups and take a picture or two
For Tuesday the earliest appointment is at 9:00am so I think an 8:30 meetup at the cafeteria on the statehouse's ground floor should work fine.

I know a few folks can't show up until later - we can get your pictures at lunch. :idea:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

8:30 am in the cafeteria it is!
See you all there!
Ain't activism fun?

Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Sounds good.... 8:30
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Well, a little earlier day than normal for me to make the 2-hour drive, but not bad.

See you all there!
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

We had an EXCELLENT day at the statehouse today!
We started out the morning lobbying legislators for a bill to repeal Ohio's notification law and before lunch was over, the bill was introduced in the House!
HB 142 is the bill, and I urge everyone to contact their representatives to support it.
We'll have information soon about what committee and when the hearings are.
We do it again tomorrow
Ain't activism fun?

Greg the baker

Post by Greg the baker »

Thanks for the update, Chuck. And thank you to all of you who made it there today, and are going tomorrow to support our cause!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

That was a great day! If you haven't done this before, you really ought to consider coming out for the next one. I had not helped at one before (heck, I hadn't even been to the statehouse before!) and after shadowing Morne for a couple, I took another team with me and we talked to 2 Senators (including the Senator from my district, Oelslager) two Representatives and one Representative's aide. Very interesting the different levels of knowledge about concealed carry and mandatory notification - not surprising since most don't have a CHL, and some don't even own guns. I learned a lot about how the process works, and figure I'll be back again hopefully next time assuming I can work out the schedule with my employer.
NRA Life Member

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Sorry I am missing this! Ted is at work today, so I have kid-duty, and I have meetings at work all day tomorrow.

Glad to hear that there is movement on notification this fast!! Kudos to all who went/are going!
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Wish you were here!

Here is the bill

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... 132-HB-142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you to Representative Wiggam
Ain't activism fun?