Notify Sheriff 45 days if you move..?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Notify Sheriff 45 days if you move..?

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Have a friend who wants to do her first renewal...She Never notified Sheriff that she moved about 2 years ago.
I know she was to notify Sheriff with in 45 days....

One instructor on OFCC said he hasn't heard of anyone having a problem....just want to make sure.....what do you think ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Re: Notify Sheriff 45 days if you move..?

Post by Brian D. »

As I recall there's no penalty/fine etc. for failing to do so. Sort of like how nothing happens to a sheriffs office that takes longer than 45 days to issue or renew. Laws without enforcement teeth should be called..suggestions.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

carmen fovozzo wrote:...She Never notified Sheriff that she moved about 2 years ago...
You mean, she sent the Sheriff a letter via regular mail with her new address and she's not sure if the Sheriff received it?

Sounds like she did her part.

:wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

When I renewed with Cuyahoga several years ago they noted that my address was different than their records. They asked if I notified them. I said yes, they moved on to the rest of my application.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

You guys are condoning fibbing to the Big Man ? We could be wired tapped right now....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:You guys are condoning fibbing to the Big Man ? We could be wired tapped right now....
effum
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

carmen fovozzo wrote:You guys are condoning fibbing to the Big Man ? We could be wired tapped right now....
Nothing prevents her from sending a letter today that says "Please update my record to reflect my new address of XYZ." and then renewing next month or whenever her appointment is.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Play dumb and say "Gee, I must have forgot!" or "Gee, was I supposed to do that?"
Abandon ye all HOPE!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I called three days in a row when I moved. On the third day I left a voice-mail. Not sure if they got it or not.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB