LEGISLATIVE ACTION DAYS

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

LEGISLATIVE ACTION DAYS

Post by Mustang380gal »

Situation: Concealed carry laws in Ohio have some serious problems that need to be corrected.

Background: Notification was a poison pill from the original bill granting concealed handgun licenses. Several Ohioans that have failed to notify fast enough have gotten arrested, and it is one of the more common problems that concealed carriers encounter.

The last law change added confusion whereby political subdivisions could opt in to allow carry but did not remove the requirement for the no carry signs.

We still have a duty to retreat in Ohio.

Assessment: The laws need to be more friendly and less punitive for concealed carry holders, but we need help to get this done.

Recommendation: Help OFCC by attending a Legislative Action Day in Columbus at the Statehouse March 21 and 22. Whether you can help for one day or two would be a great help. These items are what we hope to change, and we are going to try to get them earlier in the session, rather than waiting until the lame duck. Please add MARCH 21 and 22 to your calendar, and plan to meet legislators and aides to get the laws corrected.

For more information, contact Chuck or Morne. They are spearheading this effort.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
pirateguy191

Re: LEGISLATIVE ACTION DAYS

Post by pirateguy191 »

It's time.

https://bearingarms.com/beth-b/2017/02/ ... ry-states/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

At this point, Constitutional Carry is not the point of this.

Right now, we need to fix the mess up from the sausage made during lame duck. And there are these other peculiarities that we need to fix.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

pirateguy191 wrote:It's time.

https://bearingarms.com/beth-b/2017/02/ ... ry-states/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If Rep Hood ever introduces it, I'll lobby for it.
Or even has the language drawn up.

Repealing duty to retreat and repealing notification language is in our hands

Did you know?
The Constitutional Carry draft I saw a year or two ago presumed everyone had a license and therefore everyone still had to notify, retreat if possible, etc.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

I put it on the calendar... Not much of a talker, but I can be there :)
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Chuck wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:It's time.

If Rep Hood ever introduces it, I'll lobby for it.
Or even has the language drawn up.

Repealing duty to retreat and repealing notification language is in our hands

Did you know?
The Constitutional Carry draft I saw a year or two ago presumed everyone had a license and therefore everyone still had to notify, retreat if possible, etc.
Don't make me come down there Chuck.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I WANT you to come down here!
Especially on the 21 & 22
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Chuck wrote:I WANT you to come down here!
#nofilters

Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

pirateguy191 wrote:
Chuck wrote:I WANT you to come down here!
#nofilters
I'm not seeing the downside. :idea:

Just so everybody knows, we are trying to put together multiple TEAMS of OFCC people to go to these meetings. The idea is to have at least 2 of our people for every meeting which helps because someone may articulate one point better than someone else. Also, some people are just naturally better with one legislator's personality than another's.

Having a good-cop/bad-cop on a team is a valid approach. There's nothing wrong with having someone on a team saying, "We want all of this garbage out of our way." That is, and always has been, the ultimate goal of our organization. Big picture, there. Remind those guys/gals in the statehouse of that. Of course, while we're there we ALSO want to say, "Fix the mess y'all made in that lame duck, get us true SYG with civil immunity and ditch notification." Those positions are not mutually exclusive at all.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

I'm in. Bringing Mrs. sd790 and maybe my two daughters (16 & 18).
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I do have two vacation days left that have to be used before April. Hmmmmm.......

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

pirateguy191 wrote:I do have two vacation days left that have to be used before April. Hmmmmm.......
These particular dates we're using is because I have two I have to use before March 25
Do it Jeff!
How many times you posted "Go get'em Chuck" when I was going down there?

Come on man!
Drive to my house and we'll ride in together from here
Ain't activism fun?

WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I'm in for both days. So is Mrs WestonDon.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Excellent Don!
Ain't activism fun?

Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Tried to get the wife to come... even offered overnight in wonderful Columbus.... no joy... lol
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan