CHL renewal paperwork question

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Damonte

CHL renewal paperwork question

Post by Damonte »

I am filling out the paperwork for applying for a renewal of my CHL. It is currently expired.

Section V asks "Have you previously applied in Ohio or in any other state for a license to carry a concealed handgun or a temporary license to carry a concealed handgun?".

Is this asking for the date of my previous application for my first CHL, or just for any that are still pending or have been denied?

Thanks!
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: CHL renewal paperwork question

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

I recently renewed and took it as all of the above. Keep in mind as far as the dates it asks for them "to the best of your knowledge" so don't stress it too much.
Damonte

Post by Damonte »

Oh the magic of the search. Chalk this up to a good reason to post your application dates and when you get your licenses... historical record!

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... &p=3953218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Damonte:

Don't ask me for a cite, but IMHO, the "other applications" date is to keep out the guys who apply in one County, and then, within a few weeks, another one, for whatever reason. (I'm pretty sure there's a "wait for a while" rule in there if an application is rejected.)

For the most part, I think most of the guys here are clear of that little one :D....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Face

Post by Face »

I recently renewed and assuming it meant as above to prevent duplicate apps. The one taking the application had me change the answer to yes. She said everyone does that wrong. When I returned to pick up had me initial the change.

Your county may vary .
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.