Fun 'n Gun 2017...?!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Fun 'n Gun 2017...?!

Post by Sevens »

HEY! What a great update!

Now I shall chomp at this bit! :mrgreen: :lol:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Our main supporter at Rochester no longer belongs there, and we were sweating bullets for a bit waiting on a decision from them and trying to find a back up in case they decided against us.
Now that they decided in our favor, were a little behind in getting the details worked out

Tickets should be on sale soon, along with more info
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

Chuck wrote:Our main supporter at Rochester no longer belongs there, and we were sweating bullets for a bit waiting on a decision from them and trying to find a back up in case they decided against us.
Now that they decided in our favor, were a little behind in getting the details worked out

Tickets should be on sale soon, along with more info
Awww yeah. That is just fantastic.

I did learn an important lesson at Fun n Gun last year: Do not shove your firearm into an IWB holster after going nuts on the plate racks. Because you will burn your cheek. And it is... unpleasant.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Bianchi? wrote:...

I did learn an important lesson at Fun n Gun last year: Do not shove your firearm into an IWB holster after going nuts on the plate racks. Because you will burn your cheek. And it is... unpleasant.
Still got the marks?

Just curious...you don't need to show us. :P
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bianchi? wrote:I did learn an important lesson at Fun n Gun last year: Do not shove your firearm into an IWB holster after going nuts on the plate racks. Because you will burn your cheek. And it is... unpleasant.
Be glad you're not a user of appendix carry, then.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

By the way, FnG registration is now live!

https://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=co ... et=1&id=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

...and because of that update, I am now registered! So thanks for the update!

Question!
There is often a "notes" area where I can list the folks I wish to be squadded with if possible, that was not present. So if we end up with a new thread -OR- if we end up using this one for that, please drop another update.

Looking forward to the Fun 'n Gun! At this point I'm having a tough time recalling how many times I've done this event. This one may be number 6 or 7 for me? 8)
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

It's official!
Fun n Gun 2017 registration is live.

Saturday, May 13th from 8am to 5pm.

https://ohioccw.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;…

Come out and participate in what is always an incredible day of fellowship and fun.

Fun n Gun isn't a competition. It's an opportunity to run through scenarios with your firearm ( what you carry or are considering to carry ) that simulate potential self-defense situations. Bring plenty of ammo, eye / ear protection and your appetite as lunch will be provided.

Proceeds from Fun n Gun enable us to continue the hard ( and often costly ) work of expanding the rights of legal gun owners in Ohio.

The Rochester Rod and Gun Club is a great facility for this event as all the stages or a short stroll from each other. We look forward to seeing you there!

Once you're registered AND anyone else you want to be grouped with is ALSO registered, feel free to PM me with requests.

Comments can be left here > http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=89294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THANKS!
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;