Fun 'n Gun 2017...?!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Fun 'n Gun 2017...?!

Post by Sevens »

Subject line probably conveys the point... what's the deal? By January I typically already have my tickets for the FnG but unless I have missed it, I have seen no announcement.

Are we having one this year?
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Brian D.

Re: Fun 'n Gun 2017...?!

Post by Brian D. »

Remember, this year F&G is held further north in May, not at TDI (southern Ohio) in late March.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

We've run into a snafu with the location for this year and are actively trying to get it all worked out.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JediSkipdogg wrote:We've run into a snafu with the location for this year and are actively trying to get it all worked out.
Well, maybe this is something that doesn't call for confidentiality. Better to ask everybody here for help than just a few coordinators trying to possibly find a new location.

********************************************************************************
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Brian D. wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:We've run into a snafu with the location for this year and are actively trying to get it all worked out.
Well, maybe this is something that doesn't call for confidentiality. Better to ask everybody here for help than just a few coordinators trying to possibly find a new location.
It's not so much as confidentiality as trying to avoid "too many cooks in the kitchen."

That said, you make a bit of a point. If anybody on the forums is a member of Rochester Rod & Gun Club or knows a board member there please PM me ASAP.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Brian D. wrote:Remember, this year F&G is held further north in May, not at TDI (southern Ohio) in late March.
It will be warmer. :wink: :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Just sayin', there's more time to get things set up in the non-TDI years. And don't lay out a bunch of money betting that southern Ohio in March is colder than NE Ohio in May, Steve. :lol:

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Any news on this yet Jedi. :?:
Black Rifles Matter
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

steves 50de wrote:
Essentially some positions at Rochester changed and we didn't know that until we went to book it this year. So we are trying to find large enough ranges, that will basically shut down the place for an entire day for us, and have the capability of having an event like Fun n Gun there. Supplies on location would be a plus so we aren't hauling stages in.

If ANYONE knows of any ranges up north that could accommodate, feel free to post about them. If you know board connections at these ranges, send the contact info to me in a PM and I'll get someone to reach out to them.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

I sent a pm to another member about a range we are both members at to see if its possible .
Black Rifles Matter
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
steves 50de wrote:
Essentially some positions at Rochester changed and we didn't know that until we went to book it this year. So we are trying to find large enough ranges, that will basically shut down the place for an entire day for us, and have the capability of having an event like Fun n Gun there. Supplies on location would be a plus so we aren't hauling stages in.

If ANYONE knows of any ranges up north that could accommodate, feel free to post about them. If you know board connections at these ranges, send the contact info to me in a PM and I'll get someone to reach out to them.
Check with the Alliance PD. I here they have a helluva training range.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Rittman PD has a pretty good range as well. Apex Shooting and Tactics LLC runs his classes out of there maybe contact him?

https://ohioccw.org/component/com_sobip ... /sid,5432/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Whirlwind06 wrote:Rittman PD has a pretty good range as well. Apex Shooting and Tactics LLC runs his classes out of there maybe contact him?

https://ohioccw.org/component/com_sobip ... /sid,5432/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The problem with any police ranges is if they are government property. We use any buildings they may have for registration, introductions/directions, and lunch. We would have to prohibit firearms in those buildings or go with the they must be open carried only once inside method. Granted, we operate a cold range...it just all falls on a grey line and if you get the wrong person to come out in the middle of the day, we could be shut down and lose everything. And yes, I had that happen once when I was actively teaching concealed carry. I basically had to spend an hour arguing with a government official while my co-instructor ran the range so I could get the two hours of time in as required by law.

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Essentially some positions at Rochester changed and we didn't know that until we went to book it this year.
Just in the interest of clarity... is Rochester absolutely OUT as a host for any OFCC function? Seems an awful shame, I thought it was a fantastic venue with an old-school feel that reminded me of the club that I grew up at.

It does seem like Fun 'n Gun 2017 may not exist, but I would still like to hear more about what went wrong with Rochester.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I do believe that it is a GO at Rochester and there will be lunch.

Stand by for more info....
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!