Lucas County: UPDATE and advice

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ryanr623

Lucas County: UPDATE and advice

Post by Ryanr623 »

Well it's been 2-1/2 weeks so I finally called. Apparently it was issued on the 28th, the day after I applied for it. They just never called me. I'm happy to get it but a little angry, it would've sat there forever if I wouldn't have called.

Advice- Make sure you call the lucas county sheriff to get updates on your license status.

Keep calm and carry on!
ohio bowhunter

Re: Lucas County: UPDATE and advice

Post by ohio bowhunter »

Better advice - next time go to Wood County 8)
"Stupid people should be encouraged to say stupid things; that way, we always know who the stupid people are."
~ Ted Nugent
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

ohio bowhunter wrote:Better advice - next time go to Wood County 8)
Yeah... But what he said. Wood County is faster, the deputy far more pleasant, and you don't have to go to downtown Toledo.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I found the Lucas Co. Sheriffs office to be quite friendly and agreeable.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
lionsfan

Post by lionsfan »

sodbuster95 wrote:
ohio bowhunter wrote:Better advice - next time go to Wood County 8)
Yeah... But what he said. Wood County is faster, the deputy far more pleasant, and you don't have to go to downtown Toledo.
The Lucas county Sheriffs deputies I encountered were very friendly and professional. Absolutely nothing wrong with downtown Toledo either.
Ryanr623

Post by Ryanr623 »

Well as far as being fast, next day is pretty quick. The customer service, leaves much to be desired. I'd still rather have to call then waste $30 in gas making 2 trips to wood county though.

Keep calm and carry on!
Bubba404

Post by Bubba404 »

I just received a letter from the Lucas Co. Sheriff's Dept. telling me that my license is expiring in the next 30 days. They included what is needed to renew and hours. Nice service.
Bubba404

Post by Bubba404 »

I received my CHL in the mail in five business days. In and out in ten minutes. Quick process and the lady was nice. An amusing side note though: After I went through the metal detector, the deputy asked where I needed to go. I told him that I was there to renew my CHL. He looked puzzled and asked 'CHL'? I replied 'yes, concealed handgun license'. He said 'Oh, you mean CCW'. I told him no because I was pretty sure that it would be illegal in this building. He rolled his eyes and said I could debate it with them down there.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bubba404 wrote:I received my CHL in the mail in five business days. In and out in ten minutes. Quick process and the lady was nice. An amusing side note though: After I went through the metal detector, the deputy asked where I needed to go. I told him that I was there to renew my CHL. He looked puzzled and asked 'CHL'? I replied 'yes, concealed handgun license'. He said 'Oh, you mean CCW'. I told him no because I was pretty sure that it would be illegal in this building. He rolled his eyes and said I could debate it with them down there.
You were correct and he knew you'd nailed him on the verbiage. Not going to admit he was wrong of course.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bubba404

Post by Bubba404 »

Brian D. wrote:
Bubba404 wrote:I received my CHL in the mail in five business days. In and out in ten minutes. Quick process and the lady was nice. An amusing side note though: After I went through the metal detector, the deputy asked where I needed to go. I told him that I was there to renew my CHL. He looked puzzled and asked 'CHL'? I replied 'yes, concealed handgun license'. He said 'Oh, you mean CCW'. I told him no because I was pretty sure that it would be illegal in this building. He rolled his eyes and said I could debate it with them down there.
You were correct and he knew you'd nailed him on the verbiage. Not going to admit he was wrong of course.
I must be getting old, because on the way out I considered showing the license and asking where it said CCW. I was happy the process was so quick, I left well enough alone!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Bubba404 wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
I must be getting old, because on the way out I considered showing the license and asking where it said CCW. I was happy the process was so quick, I left well enough alone!
Probably best, as he might gave asked where the license said "CHL" in response... :wink:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Have him put words to the CCW initials. Then to use those three words in a sentence! Try it.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
mreising

Post by mreising »

Brian D. wrote:
Actually he could have further confused the deputy and been technically correct by saying he was there to renew his OLTCACH. Yeah, probably best to let that one go. :)
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

Got my first in Lucas, they tried to pull some funny business when I changed my address.... I would avoid downtown Toledo like the plague whenever possible but, I avoid all the big cities as much as I can.... I moved the the greater Cleveland area in 2009 and when I renewed I went to Erie County. I would have rather gone to Wood county than Lucas if I had it to do over again.
-Aaron