How many rounds per year do you shoot?

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

How many rounds do you shoot in a year?

Less than 500
18%
500-2,000
33%
2,000-5,000
22%
Greater than 5,000
27%

Total votes: 45

Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

How many rounds per year do you shoot?

Post by Morne »

Prior to the great rimfire panic I might've separated out rimfire from centerfire. But honestly, it doesn't matter anymore.

Roughly how many rounds do you shoot in a year? All types: rifle, handgun, shotgun.

Some training places like TDI can burn up almost 2K rounds in a weekend.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: How many rounds per year do you shoot?

Post by JustaShooter »

Before I started instructing I'd easily shoot 5K+ per year. Now I spend most of my time on the range helping others so I've taken a sharp reduction in round count. I have to work at it to put 200 rounds downrange per month.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

A TDI class a year boosts my round count quite a bit. I put almost 2000 rounds downrange this past class in October.

I try to get 200-300 rounds per month in as well - but I sometimes fall shy of that. Rimfire being widely available again has boosted some more of my pleasure shooting as well.

So, on average, I am probably getting around 5k rounds a year.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I was lucky enough to take four classes this year. One was air soft only. This year I shot approximately 1500 rounds.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Luv2Camp

Post by Luv2Camp »

I shoot about 10000 per year. That is why I reload :D
Dave Shooter

Post by Dave Shooter »

I'm at a bit over 9000 this year to date. Was shooting muzzleloaders a bit this summer so round count is down somewhat.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

I try to shoot 200 rounds a month minimum, and usually get some additional rounds in too. I started to make a conscious effort about two years ago, when I just couldn't seem to find the time and my shooting was suffering. And that is both rifle and pistol combined, including rimfire. A quick hour with a 22 is still tuning up your skills. Plus I try to do one class per year too, although some of the more niche classes don't have a high round count.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

2 TDI classes, plus Fun n Gun, plus some 3 gun matches...I'm pushing 5k rounds.

And people say 1000 rounds is a "stockpile". :roll:
I've had consistently good results with ether.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Bianchi? wrote:2 TDI classes, plus Fun n Gun, plus some 3 gun matches...I'm pushing 5k rounds.

And people say 1000 rounds is a "stockpile". :roll:
IN CA, that is an "arsenal" with more than one gun of a certain type (i.e. one rifle is ok, not two)
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I need to add a column in my log to track this but right now I only have a strict count of what I have loaded. In center fire, that tipped over 12,000 yesterday, for calendar year 2016. For sure, my rimfire is down from what I used to shoot maybe 3-4 years ago or around the Sandy Hook incident.

A typical range day is 5-8 hours, maybe 150-200rds of rimfire... maybe 600-800rds center fire, usually across 6-8 handguns. One trip every 3-4 weeks is about as close to "typical" as I can make it, less in the frigid time of year.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'm hoping President Trump can finally "Make Rimfire Inexpensive Again!" Since it is at least available to replace I've upped my .22 LR shooting without reducing center fire practice/matches. The S&W M&P-15-22 has me working with a "defensive" type rifle as much as I feel like. It was good (and bad! :wink: ) that I found a deal on magazines for that gun a while back.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
High Power

Post by High Power »

Prior to the rimfire problem I shot probably around 5,000 rounds per year. Up until a few years ago, I shot a lot of center-fire rifle and pistol ammo. However, a lot has happened to limit my time to reload and with the shortage of rimfire ammunition I thought I'd go back to shooting airguns.

I found a new addiction and made some more airgun purchases. I also hate to sound like an airgun snob but have bought some really nice high-end air rifles, made some modifications and enhancements to the same.

Anyway, I will shoot about 200-500 pellets a day and have even set up an indoor range in my house. I can multi-task by doing a little target practice by shooting at the pellet trap in the corner and watch TV at the same time.

I apologize if I have skewed the results of the poll but can I count airgun pellets in the round count?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein