Licking or Franklin county for CHL?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

kSetuni

Licking or Franklin county for CHL?

Post by kSetuni »

Hey everyone,

I used to be a member and follow the forums regularly. I let my license expire a few years back because of work schedules and being out of state at times. I know it was a stupid decision.

I'm about to take a CHL class again since I feel its important to take a refresher. I live in Licking county in Newark. I couldn't find any recent reports for Licking or Franklin counties. When I had my license before, Franklin was wonderful to work with, besides having to deal with downtown columbus.

Does anyone have any recent reports for Licking or Franklin? Is one preferred over the other?

Thanks
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Licking or Franklin county for CHL?

Post by Chuck »

I had a student last week who turned his application in Wednesday at 3:30 pm and got the call Friday morning about 9:30 to come pick it up.
They allowed his wife to make the pick up too
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Franklin takes a week or two to get an appointment it seems. (A friend just set one last week for Oct 4th.)

However, the general experience is a 24-48 hour turnaround. So, it seems to be on par with Licking county.

Unless you have other reasons to go park in downtown Columbus, sounds like Licking county might be better. (Though I can't vouch for parking on the square in Newark. Been years since I was out there.)
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Parking on the square isn't an issue because you have to go to the jail for a CHL
It did take my guy three weeks to get his appointment however
That may be a factor is deciding where to go
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

kSetuni wrote:...I'm about to take a CHL class again since I feel its important to take a refresher...
As long as you realize that you do not have to take the class again.
MyWifeSaidYes
kSetuni

Post by kSetuni »

Took about a week to get an appointment in licking county. Event though my CHL expired in 13, she counted it as a renewal so saved me some money. Easy process and location. Got the CHL 6 business days later.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

kSetuni wrote:Event though my CHL expired in 13, she counted it as a renewal so saved me some money.
As it should be, at least the way I read that section of Ohio law it doesn't matter how long it has been expired it is still considered a renewal
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!