Cambridge PD: A+

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Buckeyedoc

Cambridge PD: A+

Post by Buckeyedoc »

So, we started out on our 2 week vacation and made it to Cambridge before I needed to add some air to a tire. I was parked by the air pump and had finished putting air in the tire......thank, God. I had walked into the Pilot gas station to wash my hands. When I came back out, there was a commotion. I walked over to see that someone had hit the back of our van (as you can see in the picture below). A semi made the turn too wide and his DOT bumper caught the right rear wheel well, lifted the van up, moved it several feet and then dropped it. 60 seconds earlier and I would have been kneeling down at that very tire. My father-in-law was sitting in the back row in the middle and climbed out the back window, over the glass, to chase down the truck because he had left the parking lot. I ran up the road trying to get this guy's attention. He had no idea he had hit us and was leaving. A number of witnesses were also screaming at the truck driver and he wouldn't stop. He finally turned around and came back in. We called Cambridge PD and an officer showed up. I had my CHL and driver's license already out. He walked up and I notified him and he said, "Ok, thanks," and handed my ID's back to me. He was there for a little while and he made it a point to come over and thank me for letting him know. I did have to walk away a couple times when the truck driver finally made his way back so I didn't become physical with him......I was that {inappropriate language} off. As you can see in the picture, he tore up our van pretty good. It took us 3 hours to find a rental car and a taxi to drive us the 75 minutes to Akron/Canon airport to pick up the rental car. The total delay to the start of our trip was almost 6 hours. We have been in 2 rental cars now and I have been on the phone nearly every day with insurance, the adjusters, the truck company's insurance, the body shops, the tow trucks and Enterprise rental car. I am emotionally drained over this whole situation.

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Cambridge PD: A+

Post by Javelin Man »

Yow! Glad everyone was okay.

Anger never helps in a situation like this, separate yourself from anger in this case. It's easy to say that, mind you. I've been in a couple fender benders myself, the first time the other driver shook my hand and thanked me for being so calm in the situation. The cop didn't care about my handgun or license.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

My anger stemmed from my kids being in the car and could have been seriously hurt by a complete idiot. The kids were standing on the sidewalk in front of the store and I would walk over and get hugs from them to calm me down. Funny how that usually seems to cheer me up a bit. :D
Buggyman

Post by Buggyman »

Glad your ok once a semi turned around at my work place parking lot and hit my P/U but got hung up on the fence or he would have left . I was trading the truck in in 2 weeks $1800 damage to my truck, but it all worked out. So happy your kids or family wasn't injured , you would have been dead.
GUN'S ARE GOOD PEOPLE ARE BAD
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

I think that would buff right out. :lol: It's good to hear no one got hurt and the officer was easy on the notification.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

DOA33 wrote:I think that would buff right out. :lol: It's good to hear no one got hurt and the officer was easy on the notification.
Copious amounts of duct tape and we'll be just fine. :D
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

Wow, even your license plate got messed up... :D

Seriously though, glad everyone is okay.
Nothing to see here...move along.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

You need a vacation from your vacation.
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
CurbedSedition

Post by CurbedSedition »

Where's the pic? Maybe an operator error (on my part)...I'm a noob to this forum thing. Taking a break from facebook lol. :lol:
The mind is like a parachute — it only works when it's open.
US Army • 56M • 2003-2012
OIF 2009-2010
VFW Member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The photo is up at the top of this thread. BIG photo though, maybe that's an issue for whatever device you're running on, CurbedSedition.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
CurbedSedition

Post by CurbedSedition »

Brian D. wrote:The photo is up at the top of this thread. BIG photo though, maybe that's an issue for whatever device you're running on, CurbedSedition.
Hmm. Yeah, I was originally viewing on my iPhone and now I'm in IE on a desktop. Still nothing. Oh well. As long as others are seeing it it's not a big deal to me.
The mind is like a parachute — it only works when it's open.
US Army • 56M • 2003-2012
OIF 2009-2010
VFW Member