Gun Range Miami County

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

RobP7

Gun Range Miami County

Post by RobP7 »

It's been a while... sorry if I posted this to the wrong area.

I'm looking for some help here. I moved out to Miami county last year and am looking for a decent gun range. 100-200+ yards would be great but even 100 yards would be good. I have been to VRA but they are booked with long waits every time I've stopped in. I looked at joining the Piqua Fish and Game Club only to find that the $40 membership doesn't cover you going to the range. That's another $30 per year?

HELP... and Thanks!
Brian D.

Re: Gun Range Miami County

Post by Brian D. »

Friend of mine belongs to the Troy Fish and Game Club but I know very little about it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

By the way, $40 + $30 a year sounds dirt cheap to me just for things like club upkeep and insurance costs.

********************************************************************************
Hyflyer

Post by Hyflyer »

$30 per year sounds like a good deal to me! Pay it and have fun shootin' :D
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Vance Outdoors indoor range in Obetz charges $199 for a membership. You can shoot at no additional cost M-F and $11/hour to shoot on Saturdays and Sundays.

Flat $20/hour to shoot without membership.

Yeah. $40 + $30 is a deal.
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

RobP7, did you look into Troy Fish & Game yet? I haven't had a chance to speak with my pal who has a membership about particulars of the place. Should run into him tomorrow at another range, that we both use. Anyhow, i'd be interested in what you decide on.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Just another comparison: I belong to an indoor, open to the public range in northern Kentucky. The normal annual fee is $225. A couple times a year the owner runs a special on them for $150. If it's a Saturday-Sunday sale, he won't let me pay up and renew a day early, or late, I have to be there during the promotional events. His circus, his elephants as the saying goes.

I know that $150 has to be the cheapest yearly rate of all eight Cincinnati/northern Ky. indoor ranges, by at least $50. That was last time I looked, a few years ago.

RobP7

Post by RobP7 »

Brian D.

I went down to Troy and joined last week. They are a little further away, but they seemed nice enough.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Well alright then. What facilities do they have?

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Someone might want to tell them (Troy Fish & Game) that their site has been flagged and gets blocked as an attack site by Firefox.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WY_Not wrote:Someone might want to tell them (Troy Fish & Game) that their site has been flagged and gets blocked as an attack site by Firefox.
Do you have a link? I have firefox and wanted to check this out, but I can't find a website for them, other than the facebook page. (which displays okay)
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

RobP7 wrote:It's been a while... sorry if I posted this to the wrong area.

I'm looking for some help here. I moved out to Miami county last year and am looking for a decent gun range. 100-200+ yards would be great but even 100 yards would be good. I have been to VRA but they are booked with long waits every time I've stopped in. I looked at joining the Piqua Fish and Game Club only to find that the $40 membership doesn't cover you going to the range. That's another $30 per year?

HELP... and Thanks!
Approx. what section of Miami County are you talking about? As in NW, SW, NE, middle, etc.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

The address listed on their facebook page is the one that pops up a huge warning about it being a reported attack page.

Code: Select all

http://troyfish.com
Put it here as code so no one inadvertently clicks it.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

Due south of you is a nicely renovated public range managed by ODNR, down in Spring Valley.

Bandwidth warning, lots of images embedded in the PDF https://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/Portals/wi ... sFINAL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The benefit of ODNR ranges is $5/day or $20/year and you buy it just like you would a hunting license. The downside is strict rules and dealing with the general public..