Applebee's in willoughby

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Applebee's in willoughby

Post by WY_Not »

IHOPs post. Or at least the one in Cleveland did. Went there with three kids in tow, saw the sign on the door, went elsewhere.
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:I've left them a no guns- no money card,....maybe three times...... along with a note that read......."we're eating next door at IHOP"
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
dl1911 wrote:As I recall from a prior thread on this. Applebee's corporate doesn't require their locations to be posted. Unfortunately the same company owns most of the franchises at least in Northern Ohio and they do post all their businesses, not just Applebee's.
The one at the Massillon Marketplace, (Massillon, Ohio), is posted....or at least it was. It's been so long since I've been there. They had one of those signs that had a transparent backing and black letters that was put on the glass door and you'd miss it even if you were looking for it. I might be mistaken, but I think they were the ones that told me I couldn't carry when they saw the gun on my hip. My food was already on my table so I asked if I could finish my meal first and the manager said yes, but that I'd leave if they wanted me too. That's how I found out about the sign. I wish they would have asked me to leave, :wink: ,if ya know what I mean.

I've left them a no guns- no money card,....maybe three times...... along with a note that read......."we're eating next door at IHOP"
I have eaten there a couple of times recently and didn't see a sign - and on more than one occasion was carrying openly and nothing was said. I'll have to look more carefully next time I'm there.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

JustaShooter wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
dl1911 wrote:As I recall from a prior thread on this. Applebee's corporate doesn't require their locations to be posted. Unfortunately the same company owns most of the franchises at least in Northern Ohio and they do post all their businesses, not just Applebee's.
The one at the Massillon Marketplace, (Massillon, Ohio), is posted....or at least it was. It's been so long since I've been there. They had one of those signs that had a transparent backing and black letters that was put on the glass door and you'd miss it even if you were looking for it. I might be mistaken, but I think they were the ones that told me I couldn't carry when they saw the gun on my hip. My food was already on my table so I asked if I could finish my meal first and the manager said yes, but that I'd leave if they wanted me too. That's how I found out about the sign. I wish they would have asked me to leave, :wink: ,if ya know what I mean.

I've left them a no guns- no money card,....maybe three times...... along with a note that read......."we're eating next door at IHOP"
I have eaten there a couple of times recently and didn't see a sign - and on more than one occasion was carrying openly and nothing was said. I'll have to look more carefully next time I'm there.
If I remember right, it's on the second or inside set of doors....on the right door about chest high, and it's transparent w/ just black lettering. Let me know what ya find out.

Oh, and by the way Dave, if there IS a sign, is your wife going to make you still go there anyway...... mine doesn't ! :lol:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:If I remember right, it's on the second or inside set of doors....on the right door about chest high, and it's transparent w/ just black lettering. Let me know what ya find out.

Oh, and by the way Dave, if there IS a sign, is your wife going to make you still go there anyway...... mine doesn't ! :lol:
Gee, how'd ya know it was the wife making me go there? lol :wink:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

IHOP's in central Ohio and southern Ohio, at least the many I have been to, do not post.
MyWifeSaidYes
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:IHOP's in central Ohio and southern Ohio, at least the many I have been to, do not post.

.....a n d that's why we go there.....plus the prices are better, imo,.....especially when we have the two boys with us. :) .
Darrel
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

WY_Not wrote:IHOPs post. Or at least the one in Cleveland did. Went there with three kids in tow, saw the sign on the door, went elsewhere.
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:I've left them a no guns- no money card,....maybe three times...... along with a note that read......."we're eating next door at IHOP"
All I can say is it must be the owners policy....as MWSY said, most aren't posted and that's been my experience too......AND if it's deep in the heart of Clevela....uh...."Liberaland", that doesn't surprise me.
Darrel
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The IHOP in the middle of Cincinnati (Oakley/Pleasant Ridge) is the only posted one in the region, best I know. Service there is lousy 24/7/365 anyway, no big loss.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

The Applebees in Mentor is NOT posted, I was just there last week! Food sucks!! :roll:
God made man, Colt made them equal