FBI run hide fight video.

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

centermass

FBI run hide fight video.

Post by centermass »

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/office-of- ... ight-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not a bad production, but a few things are missing.
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
glocksmith

Re: FBI run hide fight video.

Post by glocksmith »

It suggests "as a last resort" to fight back....using improvised weapons. :lol:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I think the improvised weapons suggestion is a good one for most places. Most of my former employers never allowed carrying weapons of any kind, or anything that even gave the appearance of a weapon. (no pepper spray, knives, mag lites, etc) Now if they had said don't use a gun, if you're fortunate enough to be in a place that isn't a CPZ, that would be different.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Someone pointed out that FBI or DHS wouldn't use improvised weapons, why should we?

Next, I wouldn't hit the BG with the fire extinguisher, I'd put his fire out. A direct blast by a fire extinguisher would do a lot to a person's determination to keep shooting. When the CO2 finally ran out, THEN I would use the blunt end. Of course, I'd rather my pile of 9mm shells be piling up but that's going to happen here at school for a while.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Javelin Man wrote:...When the CO2 finally ran out, THEN I would use the blunt end...
I'd go with dry chemical. MUCH worse than CO2 when sprayed in the face. :twisted:

Don't ask me how I know. :roll:
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
I'd go with dry chemical. MUCH worse than CO2 when sprayed in the face. :twisted:

Don't ask me how I know. :roll:
For training at the FD last Tuesday, I got sprayed right in the face with a good dose of dry chemical extinguisher powder, and I didn't even flinch.

Of course it was a hazardous material refresher class and I had on a full, encapsulated Level A suit at the time. (So that the decontamination crew could get some realistic practice scrubbing "haz-mat" off the suit.) It was on the face shield thick enough so that my gloved hands could not get much of it off. But the serious point being, a good dousing right in the face for real with dry chemical would be a pretty good way to disorient an attacker long enough for whatever sort of follow up walloping you had in mind to shut down the miscreant. The stuff stings, burns, chokes, and isn't coming out of your eyes on its own any time soon.

By the way, how many here besides me look around for handy improvised weapons when you're in a new or not familiar surrounding? Twisted though it might seem, thinking like that as an annoying-to-others habit could pay dividends on those infrequent occasions when you're forced to spend time in a 'No Guns' zone. Good example, although at least concealed carry seems to be okay there anyway: Cracker Barrel restaurants. Just what's near the fireplace--deactivated, old time shotgun securely mounted above doesn't count--gives you some choices. The fireplace tools, logs, and full length brass/steel coat rack would all be much better than empty hands. And, some of the farm implements displayed on the interior divider walls aren't fastened so well that adrenalin wouldn't overcome the screws holding them in place.

All that said though, it takes the full bureaucratic mentality of the government to posit: "Forget that we're always telling you how lethally effective firearms are, just leave them at home and cap that terrorist with the coffee pot instead".
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Brian D. wrote: By the way, how many here besides me look around for handy improvised weapons when you're in a new or not familiar surrounding? Twisted though it might seem, thinking like that as an annoying-to-others habit could pay dividends on those infrequent occasions when you're forced to spend time in a 'No Guns' zone. Good example, although at least concealed carry seems to be okay there anyway: Cracker Barrel restaurants. Just what's near the fireplace--deactivated, old time shotgun securely mounted above doesn't count--gives you some choices. The fireplace tools, logs, and full length brass/steel coat rack would all be much better than empty hands. And, some of the farm implements displayed on the interior divider walls aren't fastened so well that adrenalin wouldn't overcome the screws holding them in place.
I've yet to have the ability to attend Mr. Gomez's memorial conference, but I firmly believe in this tenant:

Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Be nice, be courteous, but have a plan to kill everybody in the room, always.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Oh come on Allen, just rewatch some of your Jackie Chan movie collection, you don't need to sign up for yet another class! (Yes folks, I know Allen's ethnicity and went with that reference anyhow, it's a joke!)

Would have been hilarious if Chan had ever filmed at a Cracker Barrel; I bet business would have jumped up enough for corporate CB to pay themselves big bonuses.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

M-Quigley wrote:I think the improvised weapons suggestion is a good one for most places. Most of my former employers never allowed carrying weapons of any kind, or anything that even gave the appearance of a weapon. (no pepper spray, knives, mag lites, etc) Now if they had said don't use a gun, if you're fortunate enough to be in a place that isn't a CPZ, that would be different.
Okay, I'll agree with you on that, but the potential for improvised weapons varies greatly, depending upon the workspace. I worked in an office setting - mostly computers - and I can think of precious little that would have served effectively as a weapon against an armed attacker. I suppose if one worked in an industrial setting, there might be all kinds of power tools that would work adequately.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

glocksmith wrote:Okay, I'll agree with you on that, but the potential for improvised weapons varies greatly, depending upon the workspace. I worked in an office setting - mostly computers - and I can think of precious little that would have served effectively as a weapon against an armed attacker. I suppose if one worked in an industrial setting, there might be all kinds of power tools that would work adequately.
Parallel printer cables make good flails/whips.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

glocksmith wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:I think the improvised weapons suggestion is a good one for most places. Most of my former employers never allowed carrying weapons of any kind, or anything that even gave the appearance of a weapon. (no pepper spray, knives, mag lites, etc) Now if they had said don't use a gun, if you're fortunate enough to be in a place that isn't a CPZ, that would be different.
Okay, I'll agree with you on that, but the potential for improvised weapons varies greatly, depending upon the workspace. I worked in an office setting - mostly computers - and I can think of precious little that would have served effectively as a weapon against an armed attacker. I suppose if one worked in an industrial setting, there might be all kinds of power tools that would work adequately.

There were most likely scissors, big heavy staplers, unhooking the phone and swinging either the handset or base (according to which is heavier) would be better than nothing. When you think you're out of options, there's always at least one more thing you can do.. You just have to think about it.. I always said God help someone if I had to defend myself in a grocery store or WalMart with makeshift weapons.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Brian D. wrote:Oh come on Allen, just rewatch some of your Jackie Chan movie collection, you don't need to sign up for yet another class! (Yes folks, I know Allen's ethnicity and went with that reference anyhow, it's a joke!)

Would have been hilarious if Chan had ever filmed at a Cracker Barrel; I bet business would have jumped up enough for corporate CB to pay themselves big bonuses.
:lol: :lol:

I think he would have gone in there, and just be overwhelmed at the props he could use. :lol:
deanimator wrote:
glocksmith wrote:Okay, I'll agree with you on that, but the potential for improvised weapons varies greatly, depending upon the workspace. I worked in an office setting - mostly computers - and I can think of precious little that would have served effectively as a weapon against an armed attacker. I suppose if one worked in an industrial setting, there might be all kinds of power tools that would work adequately.
Parallel printer cables make good flails/whips.
For my "office space" :P , you could pretty much cue an episode of Breaking Bad. :lol:

No, not the mobile-home meth-lab part.

There's plenty things that'll make someone go ouch in a science lab! :P
ArmedAviator wrote:Be nice, be courteous, but have a plan to kill everybody in the room, always.
I was never a Marine, but I always respected that bit of their wisdom. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Javelin Man wrote:Next, I wouldn't hit the BG with the fire extinguisher, I'd put his fire out.
When I was in Korea, the battalion drunk picked a fight at the EM club with a repeat customer. The guy just said, "YOU again?" and clocked him with a fire extinguisher, then dragged him outside and dumped him in a snowdrift.

I'm sure that if Hillary heard that story, she'd introduce legislation allowing only firemen to touch fire extinguishers...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Brian D. wrote:Oh come on Allen, just rewatch some of your Jackie Chan movie collection, you don't need to sign up for yet another class! (Yes folks, I know Allen's ethnicity and went with that reference anyhow, it's a joke!)

I don't know why, but I've never felt the need to be politically correct with TSiWRX. I've never met him personally, but somehow believe he'd be the best friend of everyone he meets, and I hope one day to meet him.

Although when one meets him know he's thinking of the quickest way to kill you... there IS that...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY