car wash

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Flyguy

car wash

Post by Flyguy »

I stopped to wash my 4x4 after a weekend road trip to the Erie tribs to fly-fish for steel head....truck got pretty muddy and wanted it clean . so I had removed my wind breaker so I was open carrying. I'm going along washing the truck when this homeless guy very obviously addicted to something judging by his lips and teeth steps into the bay and starts trying to talk to me , most likely wanting money or something . As I turn so hes not behind me I notice his eyes go straight to my right hip and my gun.........I never said a word ...He made a motion with his hands like he was done and turned and walked away......anybody else had any reaction from people ??? Ive open carried into gas stations and such and removed my coat in restaurants exposing the gun , but never had any reaction.....other than some stares.....I don't open carry much as I just like to keep it my little secret....but in this case I think it was a good thing.
ARMD RISPANS
Walk softly and carry a big stick
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: car wash

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I all boils down to the attitude of the person you are interacting with and their attitude towards carrying a firearm. I think most on here have more positive encounters while carrying openly than negative ones. I carry openly most of the time and that's MY experience, generally, but I've had a few instances where someone didn't think to much of it. My experience w/ LE is about the same.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I have often had homeless people, "bums", approach me and abruptly turn away when they spotted my piece, never asking for a dime, in downtown Columbus
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Chuck wrote:I have often had homeless people, "bums", approach me and abruptly turn away when they spotted my piece, never asking for a dime, in downtown Columbus
Chuck....you sure it was your piece ? :) Or maybe your Stache...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
Chuck wrote:I have often had homeless people, "bums", approach me and abruptly turn away when they spotted my piece, never asking for a dime, in downtown Columbus
Chuck....you sure it was your piece ? :) Or maybe your Stache...
Were they up wind or down wind? It could have been his after shave. :wink: Image
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

You guys,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Downwind?

Try sitting next to him for two whole days at a gun show!

:shock: :P
MyWifeSaidYes
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I road down w/ BOTH of you to Cincy, remember.....so spending two "days" with "both" of you at a gun show would be......well.....interesting to say the least, regardless of any smell !! :lol: :lol:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Downwind?

Are you working the show this weekend ?
Ain't activism fun?

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Chuck wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Downwind?

Are you working the show this weekend ?
No, but I wanted to. :cry:

I have a server upgrade this weekend. Hopefully I'll make enough to finish my AR pistol build.
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Let me know if they still have fried bologna sandwiches !!
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Oh that's right, Columbus show is "movin' on up, to the north side", at the Ohio Expo Center now, rather than the part of Westland Mall that hadn't fallen down. If anybody attends, please give a report following. The Expo Center will charge patrons to park on site, won't they? They do for any other event held there, I'm given to understand.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Big show today, over half the Buckeye Building and a very large crowd

You oughtta come up tomorrow
Ain't activism fun?

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks Chuck. Sunday is a shooting day for me, year round, when weather cooperates.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

So you're coming today?
Ain't activism fun?