What part of 'infringed' don't you understand?

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: What part of 'infringed' don't you understand?

Post by JustaShooter »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:...Would I be correct in thinking that the majority of "gun owners" in Ohio DON'T have a lic...
Without registration, there is no way to know. :twisted:
Considering something less than 5% of the adult population of Ohio have concealed handgun licenses, and various studies show that between 20% and 35% of Ohioans own at least one firearm, it is a virtual certainty that the majority of gun owners in Ohio do not have a license.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
eye95
*** Banned ***

Post by eye95 »

An opinion article that coincidentally makes a very similar argument to mine about Rights not being able to conflict:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/43 ... -amendment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Be a Madisonian.

It finally happened. I have now been accused on OFCC of both being a cop-hater and then a cop-lover! Therefore, anyone making either accusation must not be paying attention.
bluemon

Post by bluemon »

JustaShooter wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:...Would I be correct in thinking that the majority of "gun owners" in Ohio DON'T have a lic...
Without registration, there is no way to know. :twisted:
Considering something less than 5% of the adult population of Ohio have concealed handgun licenses, and various studies show that between 20% and 35% of Ohioans own at least one firearm, it is a virtual certainty that the majority of gun owners in Ohio do not have a license.
I'm now learning that the majority of people who have guns never even fire them. Let alone field strip them. So I wouldn't be surprised if they never end up applying for a licenses that allows the entire police force to see that you may have a gun in the car.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

bluemon wrote:
I'm now learning that the majority of people who have guns never even fire them. Let alone field strip them. So I wouldn't be surprised if they never end up applying for a licenses that allows the entire police force to see that you may have a gun in the car.

Just what are you trying to say?
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote: Would I be correct in thinking that the majority of "gun owners" in Ohio DON'T have a lic and the issue isn't important enough to THEM whether we who do, can carry w/o a lic or not and even some of them would be against it. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I've heard from many people over the years who tell me, "I own a gun/guns for hunting or in case someone breaks into my home, but I"

A: "don't feel the need to carry one." and or

B: "don't agree with those people who think they need to carry a gun around all the time."

There is also a subset of people who don't personally carry, but claim that they're not opposed to other people carrying, provided the person has to take training, testing, get a background check, license. When I've asked how much training they think someone should take, the answer is always "whatever the police have to take." I've heard a couple people say a person should only be allowed to carry if they have a bona fide need (as defined by whom they don't know)
eye95
*** Banned ***

Post by eye95 »

M-Quigley wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote: Would I be correct in thinking that the majority of "gun owners" in Ohio DON'T have a lic and the issue isn't important enough to THEM whether we who do, can carry w/o a lic or not and even some of them would be against it. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I've heard from many people over the years who tell me, "I own a gun/guns for hunting or in case someone breaks into my home, but I"

A: "don't feel the need to carry one." and or

B: "don't agree with those people who think they need to carry a gun around all the time."

There is also a subset of people who don't personally carry, but claim that they're not opposed to other people carrying, provided the person has to take training, testing, get a background check, license. When I've asked how much training they think someone should take, the answer is always "whatever the police have to take." I've heard a couple people say a person should only be allowed to carry if they have a bona fide need (as defined by whom they don't know)
We have become too far removed from the original reason the Framers felt the need to make the RKBA one of the few specifically protected by the Constitution: because one of the first things King George did when we tried to assert or Independence was to attempt to take our guns away.

An interesting recent quote by Mike Huckabee:
The second amendment is not about hunting though. It has to do with protecting ourselves, our homes, our families and our country from tyranny. Whether it’s the tyranny of a burglar or the tyranny of a government that wants to take our liberty away.
Be a Madisonian.

It finally happened. I have now been accused on OFCC of both being a cop-hater and then a cop-lover! Therefore, anyone making either accusation must not be paying attention.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

eye95 wrote:
An interesting recent quote by Mike Huckabee:
The second amendment is not about hunting though. It has to do with protecting ourselves, our homes, our families and our country from tyranny. Whether it’s the tyranny of a burglar or the tyranny of a government that wants to take our liberty away.
He stole that, big time:

"Hey, yutz, guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous and delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!" ---Krusty the Clown, 1997.

Hopefully when a politician acknowledges this realistic view of the Second Amendment, somebody who hadn't thought of it that way swings a little more towards the correct side of the issue. But Huckabee should give attribution to Krusty.. :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

eye95 wrote: I am not an Ohioan for Concealed Carry. I am not an Ohioan for Open Carry. I am an Ohioan for Unlicensed Carry.
I am none of these. I am a citizen of these United States and my natural Rights which have been encoded in the constitution, are being violated!

Because so many people refuse to demand their rights, they are slowly being taken away from us!

As we go slowly into the night of eternal darkness.
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
eye95
*** Banned ***

Post by eye95 »

charliej47 wrote:
eye95 wrote: I am not an Ohioan for Concealed Carry. I am not an Ohioan for Open Carry. I am an Ohioan for Unlicensed Carry.
I am none of these. I am a citizen of these United States and my natural Rights which have been encoded in the constitution, are being violated!

Because so many people refuse to demand their rights, they are slowly being taken away from us!

As we go slowly into the night of eternal darkness.
Then I submit that you are an Ohioan for Unlicensed Carry. You are going to carry without asking permission first. We just need to get the laws fixed so we don't risk going to jail merely for exercising the Right precisely as the Framers envisioned.

On edit: By "fixed" I mean mainly by repeal, not by adding more law, unless that law restricts agents of the government.
Be a Madisonian.

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

There will come a time when we have the choice of being a Rosa Parks or becoming a state owned subject.
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

charliej47 wrote:There will come a time when we have the choice of being a Rosa Parks or becoming a state owned subject.
...or another LaVoy Finicum.
MyWifeSaidYes
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
charliej47 wrote:There will come a time when we have the choice of being a Rosa Parks or becoming a state owned subject.
Jury is still out on that one, there are too many competing narratives from too many involved parties.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

JustaShooter wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Jury is still out on that one, there are too many competing narratives from too many involved parties.
Competing narratives might matter to the jury; don't think it matters too much to LaVoy.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

CroManGun wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:...or another LaVoy Finicum.
Competing narratives might matter to the jury; don't think it matters too much to LaVoy.
True - but if he played a stupid game with the Feds, then he won a stupid prize. Either way, I hope the truth comes to light. I know if I were the Feds, I'd have had cameras on every asset, human or machine, that I could, and I would get that footage out - assuming it exonerates the agents/officers involved.
NRA Life Member

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JustaShooter wrote:...assuming it exonerates the agents/officers involved.
Well, without audio, it's hard to say...

Here is aerial footage of the shooting (jump to the 9 minute mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGxDWKrjPQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes