Stand alone restrooms building

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Stand alone restrooms building

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Did anyone here attend the Tuscarawas Co. fair and notice the posting on the restrooms? The restrooms are a stand alone building. I attended the tractor pull and took my 12 and 6 yr. old . Six yr. old needed to go and I was in a hurry to get in and out. On the way out I noticed there was a sign w/ the gun in the red circle w/ a slash through it.....thought it read "No Weapons" but now I'm not sure. I now wish I had went back and took a better look. Just wondering if anyone here saw it. I have no way of checking now but plan on contacting the fair board about it.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Stand alone restrooms building

Post by JustaShooter »

The wife and I went Saturday, but the only CPZ sign I saw was on the door to the side of the big entrance underneath the grandstand. I don't remember seeing one when we went to the restrooms across from the back side of the grandstand.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Yes....saw the sign on the Grand stand entrance too, same kind of sign on the restrooms. I called the fairboards ph. # but the number wasn't working. I may just send them an e-mail about it and see what response I get. Seems there was a thread regarding the Tuscarawas Fair posting the entire grounds at one time but that's over and done with but still have postings they shouldn't have.
Darrel
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Be prepared for a lengthy process of getting the fair board to make permanent changes. Until ORC 9.68 or similar new law has enforcement "teeth" they have nothing to lose by ignoring communications much less failing to comply.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

When I went to the Darke County Ohio fair every building, including the restrooms, had the no guns sign on them. Ironically Darke County's main claim to fame is it was the birthplace of Annie Oakley.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Brian D. wrote:Be prepared for a lengthy process of getting the fair board to make permanent changes. Until ORC 9.68 or similar new law has enforcement "teeth" they have nothing to lose by ignoring communications much less failing to comply.
And if someone sees someone enter w/ a firearm,(like me), and someone else, (say a friend of mine), goes and gets a LEO and has him wait outside for me to leave, (if you know what I mean), and I get arrested.....a lawsuit would be in order right?
Darrel
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

^^^^ I like.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

pirateguy191 wrote:^^^^ I like.
Are you offering to be that "friend of mine" , pirateguy ? I don't know of any remaining activities at the fairgrounds this year where we could try that and I'd like to try the diplomatic way first anyhow. If it comes down to that though, I'd rather have a bunch of us in there takin' a leak while armed while pushing the issue, but I'm willing to go in by myself. Right now their phone isn't working and I'm having trouble contacting the fair board. I live just 30 min. from the fair board's office and I might just stop in and discuss the issue with one of them and see how that goes first. They are supposed to be in on fridays so I may drive down tomorrow and have that discussion if poss.
Darrel
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

So if I get it...the Tusc. fair or any fair for that matter, the buildings are not off limits to CHL? But doesn't that change if a private organization (let's say The Old Farts Benevolent Society) rents the fairground building; that organization can exclude CHL as a condition of entry to the activity in the building. Am I correct?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WhyNot wrote:So if I get it...the Tusc. fair or any fair for that matter, the buildings are not off limits to CHL? But doesn't that change if a private organization (let's say The Old Farts Benevolent Society) rents the fairground building; that organization can exclude CHL as a condition of entry to the activity in the building. Am I correct?
Not exactly. Buildings that are government facilities, except for shelters and stand-alone restrooms, *are* off-limits to CHL. But yes, a private organization leasing an area that would normally be allowed can post it.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

For several years there was a gunbuster sign posted on the restroom building in the Liberty Township Park where the annual Party In The Park is held.
When Ohio law changed the township was asked to remove that sign but no action was ever taken.
Finally one year one of the first people to arrive for the party took it upon himself to remove that offensive piece of metal.
Jeff Garvis, me, and a few others know who the perpetrator is.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

What is the world coming to...?
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

OK thnx that's how I thought it was
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

JustaShooter wrote:
WhyNot wrote:So if I get it...the Tusc. fair or any fair for that matter, the buildings are not off limits to CHL? But doesn't that change if a private organization (let's say The Old Farts Benevolent Society) rents the fairground building; that organization can exclude CHL as a condition of entry to the activity in the building. Am I correct?
Not exactly. Buildings that are government facilities, except for shelters and stand-alone restrooms, *are* off-limits to CHL. But yes, a private organization leasing an area that would normally be allowed can post it.
The "government facilities" issue may be tricky when applied to county fairground buildings other than shelters and stand-alone restrooms. It depends on the year-round use of the building. County fair boards which post every building on the fairgrounds can fairly be challenged to establish what "employees of the government of this state or the political subdivision regularly are present for the purpose of performing their official duties as employees of the state or political subdivision[.]" R.C. 2923.126(G)(3)(a).
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Again I opine that ORC 9.68 needs strong enforcement teeth so that BFA/OFCC can reunite long enough to beat hell out of one of these fairground boards in a civil action. Til then we keep fighting to recapture the same patches of ground.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.