Man Shoots Up Church

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Man Shoots Up Church

Post by scottb »

I won't enter a debate on whether or not this is a hate crime. Obviously the guy knew there would be no resistance in a church.
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A white man opened fire during a prayer meeting inside a historic black church in downtown Charleston on Wednesday night, killing nine people, including the pastor, in an assault that authorities described as a hate crime.
http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-downtown ... 43897.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
pirateguy191

Re: Man Shoots Up Church

Post by pirateguy191 »

He sat down in church for an hour before he got up and opened fire. He sparred one woman's life so she could tell everyone what happened.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

"I am very tired of people telling me I should not be angry "....what he should of said...I am tired of laws that tell me I can't defend myself in church..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Though authorities did not release the names of the victims, the church’s pastor, Clementa Pinckney, who is also a South Carolina state senator, was missing after the shooting, and some members of the congregation feared the worst. Indeed, House Minority Leader Todd Rutherford said Pinckney was among the dead, and friends started posting “RIP” condolences on social media.
Submitted without comment.

investigated as a hate crime..

Who cares? What does that even mean, you get more investigators working ancestry.com to see if there were any former Klan members involved? Is "hate crime" a special level of intensity in the investigation or prosecution? Beam me up, Scotty.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Hate crime label exists because some animals are more equal than other animals.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Regardless of whether it is right or wrong, the reason for "hate crime" laws is to federalize crimes where local authorities are likely to look the other way, in most cases specifically Klan killings of blacks.

As a practical matter, it appears it is being used to bring extra resources to an obviously dangerous man. They say he is deranged but I am not so sure he is any more deranged than he is a terrorist. Note that the pastor is also a politician and the church is one started by freed slaves in 1816. Calculated as a political target. Suspect is early 20s, white. My first thought, which could be wrong, is a white supremacist attack.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Dylann Storm Roof.

http://whotv.com/2015/06/18/dylann-stor ... -shooting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

catfish86 wrote:Regardless of whether it is right or wrong, the reason for "hate crime" laws is to federalize crimes where local authorities are likely to look the other way, in most cases specifically Klan killings of blacks.

As a practical matter, it appears it is being used to bring extra resources to an obviously dangerous man. They say he is deranged but I am not so sure he is any more deranged than he is a terrorist. Note that the pastor is also a politician and the church is one started by freed slaves in 1816. Calculated as a political target. Suspect is early 20s, white. My first thought, which could be wrong, is a white supremacist attack.
Don't discount the confluence of Islamism and White Supremacism.

Not too long before 9/11, White supremacist leader William Pierce published a piece PRAISING the Taliban for their mindless hatred and xenophobia.

Remember too, the warm relationship between Hitler and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. He sponsored a Bosnian Muslim legion, the "Handschar" Division of the Waffen SS.

False flag attacks intended to fan the flames of racial animosity would benefit the Islamists FAR more then their current series of rodeo clown "lone wolves".
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

And that right there is part of the problem. Murder in and of itself should not be a federal matter unless it happens on Federal property. If they wanted to federalize the actions/inactions of local authorities, that is something else. Murder is murder. Shouldn't matter if you did it because you didn't like the other persons race or if you just wanted their money. Either one should get you six feet under. And either one should get the same level of effort by local authorities to bring about justice.

What color the victims and the shooter are makes me no difference. My condolences go out to the victims, their families, and their community. Hopefully the killer is found quickly and justice is served quickly and with finality.

If they were unarmed by choice, then maybe they'll know better next time. If they were unarmed by State dictates, then hopefully when they are done grieving they will turn some attention to getting the issue fixed.
catfish86 wrote:Regardless of whether it is right or wrong, the reason for "hate crime" laws is to federalize crimes where local authorities are likely to look the other way, in most cases specifically Klan killings of blacks.

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

WY_Not wrote: If they were unarmed by State dictates, then hopefully when they are done grieving they will turn some attention to getting the issue fixed.
I am pretty sure that, like Ohio, South Carolina does not permit carry into a church. People want to deny that this is even possible in a church. Clearly they misjudge those that are intent on doing harm to others.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

scottb wrote:I am pretty sure that, like Ohio, South Carolina does not permit carry into a church. People want to deny that this is even possible in a church. Clearly they misjudge those that are intent on doing harm to others.
Given that the Germans were murdering people in churches in 1944, there's no excuse for such delusional "thinking".
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Neither the left nor the Lewinsky media will allow this tragic situation to go to waste…
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Tweed Ring wrote:Neither the left nor the Lewinsky media will allow this tragic situation to go to waste…
Is it inappropriate for the pro-RKBA people to highlight this tragic situation in an effort to forward the restoration of Liberty?

Reports are surfacing that a 5 y/o "played dead" to survive, and was successful. Is this what we are to teach children in CPZs?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

deanimator wrote:

Don't discount the confluence of Islamism and White Supremacism.

Not too long before 9/11, White supremacist leader William Pierce published a piece PRAISING the Taliban for their mindless hatred and xenophobia.

Remember too, the warm relationship between Hitler and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. He sponsored a Bosnian Muslim legion, the "Handschar" Division of the Waffen SS.

False flag attacks intended to fan the flames of racial animosity would benefit the Islamists FAR more then their current series of rodeo clown "lone wolves".
I fear that you may be right. I was doing a cultural genogram for my nursing class, which prompted me to look up events in my dad's life in Croatia as an ethnic German. The article that I found explaining what happened to Germans under Tito also explained what happened in many multi-ethnic areas in the Balkans. The author expressed concern that the United States and the United Kingdom will experience similar ethnic cleansing because of the influx of people from third world countries. If they can get us to fight ourselves, i.e. a race war, then that is fewer of us to fight against them.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

This truly is a horrible act and I feel for the relatives. And Obama has just gone on TV blaming our gun society for this violence. So I'm sure that the Obama administration is going to go into high gear on his gun control agenda. It's going to be a long summer.