2015 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

2015 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Fair season runs from June 8th (Paulding County, 6/8 thru 6/13) to October 17th (Fairfield County 10/11 thru 10/17) this year.

2015 List of County Fair websites: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/fairs/fairs.aspx#tog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Left side - click on 'Fairs', then on 'County Fairs')

2015 Alphabetical Schedule of County Fairs: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/fairs/doc ... _Alpha.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2015 Chronological Schedule of County Fairs: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/fairs/doc ... Chrono.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 2015 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

Post by gaptrick »

I count 87 counties having a fair... Who's the party pooper?
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Licking county has the Hartford agricultural fair. http://hartfordfair.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

gaptrick wrote:I count 87 counties having a fair... Who's the party pooper?
I wish you hadn't thrown that phrase together..it reminds me of the problems these county fairs sometime have with contaminated concession food. After a multi month study, state health officials figured out that...the food carts should be upwind of the barns and pens the animals are kept in. Brilliant!

The whole fiasco darn near put me off of deep fried Snicker bars for good.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Brian...

that wasn't a Snickers bar...

but those were peanuts.

:shock: :oops: :lol:
MyWifeSaidYes
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

Brian D. wrote:
gaptrick wrote:I count 87 counties having a fair... Who's the party pooper?
I wish you hadn't thrown that phrase together..it reminds me of the problems these county fairs sometime have with contaminated concession food. After a multi month study, state health officials figured out that...the food carts should be upwind of the barns and pens the animals are kept in. Brilliant!

The whole fiasco darn near put me off of deep fried Snicker bars for good.
why do you think there are porta potties stationed every where? For your convenience of course.
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
AFVet

Post by AFVet »

Do we have a list of confirmed counties that have complied with the law? I know we have worked on a bunch of them but was wondering if there was a list so we can start working on confirming the unknown's and bringing the others into compliance.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I've not seen a list of those that are in compliance, but I don't know how beneficial it would be. As the fair board changes and those members who were a part of a previous compliance push leave and are replaced, as I understand it we've seen where the signs magically come back and we have to fight the fight all over again.

Speaking of which, it's almost time for my annual pilgrimage to confirm that Stark County hasn't put theirs back up... 8)

On a related note, as the date for the fair looms closer in each county, our members really should make it a point to check out the fairground entrances in their county to make sure they are in compliance. I plan to do so a couple of weeks out to give us time to act if needed and then again right before the fair opens, just in case.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

JustaShooter wrote: Speaking of which, it's almost time for my annual pilgrimage to confirm that Stark County hasn't put theirs back up... 8)

On a related note, as the date for the fair looms closer in each county, our members really should make it a point to check out the fairground entrances in their county to make sure they are in compliance. I plan to do so a couple of weeks out to give us time to act if needed and then again right before the fair opens, just in case.
Fair board members change and so to can their "opinions" Signs will go up again in some Counties. What JustaShooters says is correct.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

County fairs aren't my cup of tea, but when we were mailing police departments about Open Carry, we used a spreadsheet on Google Docs to keep track of everything.
This sounds like a good opportunity to do the same.
Give it a simple password and give it to anyone who wants to use it and everyone can take part can enter their own info

One row per county, and cells can include contact persons, their address, the fairgrounds address, and anything else you can think of.
This could be a nice project for you everybody

But someone has to take the lead and make the spreadsheet,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
dirtman334

Post by dirtman334 »

I know it's to late now but I didn't go till the last night but Knox County fair grounds has a no gun sign on the fence as you turn onto the grounds. This is the only sign I seen the were none at the ticket booths
dirtman334

Post by dirtman334 »

Also I know Hartford independent fair always had a sign up that states by entering you agree to be searched for drugs or illegal weapons but there is no sign or wordage strictly prohibiting no guns.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Anyone up around Miami County? Acquaintance on FB says they are posted.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

I am. I'll try to get up there tomorrow (Tuesday) after work with a camera.
JustaShooter wrote:Anyone up around Miami County? Acquaintance on FB says they are posted.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

If Miami County Fair is posted, they are hiding it. Stopped by the two main entrances as well as the maintenance entrances along 25A. No CPZ signs that I could see. Couldn't get to the ticket taker shacks to see if they might have one in the side windows.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.