WEBN bans guns at their fireworks show again

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

WEBN bans guns at their fireworks show again

Post by Brian D. »

The annual Labor Day weekend festival/fireworks show just issued their press release for this year's event. Lots of butt kissing for their corporate sponsors, mostly. I took time to find the rules/regulations page, once again "weapons" are at the top of the prohibited items list.

It's obvious that they care much more about listening to their insurance wonks than obeying a toothless state law such as ORC 9.68.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JediSkipdogg

Re: WEBN bans guns at their fireworks show again

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Keep in mind a new primary sponsor this year. WEBN is no longer a sponsor even though they kept the name in it. Western & Southern Financial Group is the new main sponsor. Being a bank....good luck at changing anything.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I have a "back channel" or two at W&S, sort of, can't make things any worse by having a chat over adult beverages with someone there of my acquaintance.

********************************************************************************
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I used to shoot professional fireworks. Typically, I was armed. I thought being armed was a prudent response to the periodic appearance of troublemakers.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

It's not so much an expectation of a bad encounter at the event--alcohol free zone plenty of police presence--but the 10:45 walk back to one's vehicle when trouble might occur.

I don't attend the thing.

mreising

Post by mreising »

What are the consequences of carrying? Are they leasing the riverfront for the event? If not, I would think that 9.68 would apply, although you might get a ride and have to argue it in court, with the attendant risk of losing.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

mreising wrote:What are the consequences of carrying? Are they leasing the riverfront for the event? If not, I would think that 9.68 would apply, although you might get a ride and have to argue it in court, with the attendant risk of losing.
Last year BB62 and some others did an OC walk during the event. CPD pointed out beforehand and after that they weren't about to make any arrests/ejections based on a policy that didn't pass ORC muster. Sure enough they kept their word.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Now I can't find that list of rules online. It was there yesterday. Hmm, maybe someone in WEBN, iHeart Radio, Cincinnati Bell, Western & Southern (the major sponsors) or even from the city of Cincinnati saw that "weapons" prohibition and remember they took some flak last year...

I'll look again periodically. The event is held in a city park, which the sponsors just sort of "borrow" for the day, there is no lease best anybody can tell. Hence ORC 9.68 in all its impotent majesty is the law of the land for this shindig.

P.T.145 Pro

Post by P.T.145 Pro »

i was part of the walk last year.
We had a great time had cpd shadow us for a little bit then you would just pass them at there normal post
We even walked across the bridge into KY and up and down the riverfront had a couple KY guardsmen at the entrance says something to each other
like hey they have guns but nothing more.
I believe at the start of the event they had signs on the gates and weapons was listed but by time i got there around 2 they had changed them out