POLL: 2015-2016 Legislative session What does OFCC want?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Vote for up to three items. Votes can be changed until 1-4-15

Poll ended at Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:11 pm

1- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(9) -- ridiculous to be unable to carry in buildings we paid for. Should be language that prohibits posting of any public building or property.
20%
2- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(5) -- campus carry (unless private college decides to post per RC 2923.126(B)(3)(A))
4%
3- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(6) -- church carry (unless church decides to post per RC 2923.126(B)(3)(A))
5%
4- Repeal of RC 2923.126(B)(7) -- daycare carry (unless private day care decides to post per RC 2923.126(B)(3)(A))
0%
5- Either eliminate RC 2923.122 Schools, or redefine "school zone" to only mean inside actual buildings instead of property.
18%
6- Put teeth in 9.68 to fine both the body politic and its elected officials (personally) for statutes that violate preemption.
8%
Clarify 9.68 that preemption is reserved only to statutes enacted by the OGA, and state agencies do not have the right to impose additional restrictions by regulation.
3%
7- Repeal of RC 2923.16, allowing all Ohioans to carry in their vehicle for self defense. Allow loaded handguns and long guns.
5%
8- Repeal ORC 2923.12(B)(1), ORC 2923.12(F)(3), ORC 2923.16(E)(1) and (2), ORC 2923.16(I)... requiring notification and ORC 2923.126(A), relevant language.
21%
9- Constitutional Carry
3%
10- "Swatting" law
0%
11- Employee parking lot storage
13%

Total votes: 263

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

POLL: 2015-2016 Legislative session What does OFCC want?

Post by Chuck »

This is the list from the other thread.
Did I miss anything?
Should we add anything else to it?
Now let's put them into some order
If something needs added to the list I'll do that until 12-20-2014, after that the list is what we have

Choose up to three items by priority
Voters can change their vote as long as the poll is open
Poll closes in three weeks, on 1-4-2015

I added employee parking lots storage to the poll.
Go change your votes if it's important to you,,,,

**ON EDIT**
Oh no!
Adding an item to the poll took away everybody's vote!
I won't do that again,
Sorry, please vote again, everyone,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Bersa45

Re: POLL: 2015-2016 Legislative session What does OFCC want?

Post by Bersa45 »

Constitution carry. No restrictions!
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
soberbiker

Post by soberbiker »

What we want and what we reasonably think we can get are likely not the same.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I think a case can be made for revocation of the requirement for CHL notification at traffic stops, and during Terry stops. Other states seem to survive without it.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

It is such a tasty banquet, it's hard to pick just three...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Dewman

Post by Dewman »

The one I need is not there.. What I have in my car that is legal for me to own is nobody's concern not even my employer.

We need a parking lot law.
Allways remember when in combat your weapon was made by the lowest bidder
BobK

Post by BobK »

I would also clarify #1 that property owned by a body politic cannot be made a no carry zone by leasing it to a private entity. If we own it, then we the people own it, and a government official cannot destroy our ownership rights by contract.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

BobK wrote:If we own it, then we the people own it, and a government official cannot destroy our ownership rights by contract.
Also known as the government cannot grant what it does not have. Indeed that would make for an interesting piece of property ownership law in Ohio - the lessee of a piece of property could do more with it than the owner could.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

We got so much last week with that bill, but we MUST get the notification law taken away, buh-bye. Maybe let charben talk to the legislature as if they were Republic American Legion tradition-keepers.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
soberbiker

Post by soberbiker »

Dewman wrote:The one I need is not there.. What I have in my car that is legal for me to own is nobody's concern not even my employer.

We've had the gun rights vs property rights argument too many times here and could never reach a consensus. In Ohio if they can't fire you for your gun they can fire you for your haircut.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

JustaShooter wrote:It is such a tasty banquet, it's hard to pick just three...
This. I want to pick all of these.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Bersa45 wrote:Constitution carry. No restrictions!
I want that too, but I am just not thinking it would be doable at this point, I would rather get some other stuff fixed that has a real chance of happening.

Chuck, I would like to see a provision to allow me to carry a Rifle or a Handgun as a CHL Holder. I know I will probably never need to conceal a rifle, but I would like to be able drop off and pick up the kids from school while having my rifle in the trunk if I am going shooting that day.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

synack2 wrote:
Bersa45 wrote:Constitution carry. No restrictions!
I want that too, but I am just not thinking it would be doable at this point, I would rather get some other stuff fixed that has a real chance of happening.

Chuck, I would like to see a provision to allow me to carry a Rifle or a Handgun as a CHL Holder. I know I will probably never need to conceal a rifle, but I would like to be able drop off and pick up the kids from school while having my rifle in the trunk if I am going shooting that day.
I personally see someone introducing that bill always (Constitutional Carry). I think for the last 5 or so GAs someone has introduced it and besides that it hasn't made it anywhere.

I like your second idea but see it as something minor. After all, with a CHL you can keep a loaded mag sitting right next to the rifle.

No surprise on the top two choices so far. I think third place for school carry may be slightly harder. I think we really need to push to get something passed in the first half of the GA (so in 2015) instead of the final month. I'm not sure if that just entails us blasting everyone to get them to a vote or what, but it needs to be done.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

soberbiker wrote:
Dewman wrote:The one I need is not there.. What I have in my car that is legal for me to own is nobody's concern not even my employer.

We've had the gun rights vs property rights argument too many times here and could never reach a consensus. In Ohio if they can't fire you for your gun they can fire you for your haircut.
Yes, but BUSINESSES are ALREADY REGULATED !! What's one more law?

I usually support the 'property rights' side, but when I look at just how many laws and regulations I have to adhere to just to start and run a business, I really don't have a compelling argument against a pro-gun parking lot law. There are a TON of laws that are enacted to "protect the public". If our legislators (next session, of course) feel that allowing employees, customers and visitors to secure their guns in their cars is better for our safety than being forced to leave them at home, so be it.

But it should include EVERYWHERE that even resembles a business (including schools and government property).

But don't call it a "commuter safety" law because the anti's will just link "commuter' with "road rage" in their arguments.
MyWifeSaidYes
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Must not be a lot of church goers in the forums. Fine then go after enumerated CPZ as a whole. I don't have any kids and never will so school fix doesn't really affect me at all. Go after them all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA