Midwest Ammuniton

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TJW815

Midwest Ammuniton

Post by TJW815 »

Went to the range today, took along some of this remanufactured ammo. Midwest Ammuniton, (9mm 115gr. RN) made in good old Hamilton, Ohio.

My wife picked up a box for me at a small mom and pop gun shop when she bought my shield for my birthday, another box I got from a member here in trade.

I'd rather fire Brown Bear than this stuff. I had Federal, Winchester, Remington, and this stuff. Not only did this ammo hit approximately 1.5" - 2" lower than all the other brands at 25 yards, it didn't really clear the area on ejection. Don't get me wrong, every round fired in both my M&P9 Fullsize, and Shield 9. But in both weapons, it barely had enough energy to run the slide. I had multiple spent casings land on my hand.

Sadly disappointed, and I cannot find contact info for the manufacturer other than an agent address in Cincinnati.

Have one more box of this junk left. Suppose I'll use it for something. Maybe in the next ammo crisis it will draw a premium.

Picture of the culprit:
Brian D.

Re: Midwest Ammuniton

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks for the report. That brand's biggest customer may well be the Point Blank ranges here in Cincyland. If buyers there have those same problems with it while on the firing line, the negative feedback will be rather instant, and surely passed on to the manufacturer. These things have a way of working themselves out, eventually.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I see the problem...

The box is upside down! :shock:

Did you insert the cartridges upside down?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Brian D. wrote:Thanks for the report. That brand's biggest customer may well be the Point Blank ranges here in Cincyland. If buyers there have those same problems with it while on the firing line, the negative feedback will be rather instant, and surely passed on to the manufacturer. These things have a way of working themselves out, eventually.
I'm not real knowledgable about reloading but I would say that all they need is a few more grains of powder.

@javelin man, what??? :lol:
Splat!!

Post by Splat!! »

Hey don't get rid of it..I use it for my girls to use to the 9mm..Recoil low..?
"Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

See, the problem is that you weren't shooting an HK -

:P :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Splat!! wrote:Hey don't get rid of it..I use it for my girls to use to the 9mm..Recoil low..?
Yes very low.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

TSiWRX wrote:See, the problem is that you weren't shooting an HK -

Mail me the magazine, I'll shoot the HK. :wink:
bunkeru2k

Post by bunkeru2k »

TSiWRX wrote:See, the problem is that you weren't shooting an HK -

They should brand themselves as the company who puts their money into making quality firearms...at the price of bad advertising materials!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ :lol: ZING!
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
CCIman

Post by CCIman »

Guys and guns.
Never let your wife (or girlfriend) pick out your ammo, anymore than she would let you pick out her purse item. :D
'CAN' does not equal "SHOULD'.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Low recoil .22 for low recoil 9mm :wink:

Seriously though, I have not had similar experiences although I am only two boxes in (9mm). Maybe I have just been lucky?
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
roughsawn

Post by roughsawn »

Sounds like the same issues I've had with Ultra max ammo. Inconsistent loads, dirty, etc. And only about $1 cheaper than CCI or Federal. Shame. I'd support an Ohio based ammo provider if they are on point... :(
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

fyrfytr310 wrote:Low recoil .22 for low recoil 9mm :wink:

Seriously though, I have not had similar experiences although I am only two boxes in (9mm). Maybe I have just been lucky?
Hehe, how's that rodent problem?
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

TJW815 wrote:
fyrfytr310 wrote:Low recoil .22 for low recoil 9mm :wink:

Hehe, how's that rodent problem?
They seem to have wised up and taken to my neighbors yard. 8)
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe