Fairfield County Fairgrounds - still posted ?

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
AFVet

Re: Fairfield County Fairgrounds - still posted ?

Post by AFVet »

Yeah, While I was there I didn't see any signs, definitely heading in the right direction.
High Power

Post by High Power »

I was there on Friday. The CPZ sign that is at the entrance of Fair and High streets entrance was covered over with a black plastic trash bag.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

High Power wrote:I was there on Friday. The CPZ sign that is at the entrance of Fair and High streets entrance was covered over with a black plastic trash bag.
Where was the sign located?
MyWifeSaidYes
High Power

Post by High Power »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
High Power wrote:I was there on Friday. The CPZ sign that is at the entrance of Fair and High streets entrance was covered over with a black plastic trash bag.
If you remember where the gate was, the sign was to the right of it. It was above the chain link fence about 8 feet off the ground on a pole. If I get some time, I'll go back and check it and get a photo if it is still covered up.

If they were going to do something permanent, I would suggest taking a hack-saw to the pole.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I think we ought to start trying to collect these signs as they come down
Maybe we can start a trophy wall for the next PITP,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

High Power wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
If you remember where the gate was, the sign was to the right of it. It was above the chain link fence about 8 feet off the ground on a pole. If I get some time, I'll go back and check it and get a photo if it is still covered up.

If they were going to do something permanent, I would suggest taking a hack-saw to the pole.
I don't think that was the CPZ sign. The one I took a picture of prior to the fair starting was mounted ON the fence to the right of the gate. It wasn't on a pole.

Both the one at the corner gate and the one on Fair, halfway between Broad and High, were mounted on the fence and both were gone on Saturday.
MyWifeSaidYes
High Power

Post by High Power »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
I don't think that was the CPZ sign. The one I took a picture of prior to the fair starting was mounted ON the fence to the right of the gate. It wasn't on a pole.

Both the one at the corner gate and the one on Fair, halfway between Broad and High, were mounted on the fence and both were gone on Saturday.
You are correct. The last few events that they had out there; the CPZ signs at the main entrance (on the brick pillars) were covered by other decorations and/or signage. I passed by there a couple of days ago and the signs at the main entrance are still there.
docachna

Post by docachna »

High Power wrote:..... The last few events that they had out there; the CPZ signs at the main entrance (on the brick pillars) were covered by other decorations and/or signage. I passed by there a couple of days ago and the signs at the main entrance are still there.
If someone would be so kind as to send me pix of any that are still up, along with the exact location (intersection, etc.), and the date taken, I'd be happy to shoot a letter to the county prosecutor.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Don't do that, yet, please.

The folks at the Agricultural Society were very accommodating and DID remove 2 of the 3 signs they had posted.

It's MY fault that they missed the 3rd sign. I didn't tell them about it because I completely missed it when I took pictures, and when I went back to check and found it, the fair had already started.

There are two brick pillars at the main entrance at Broad St. and Fair Ave. The remaining sign is on the left pillar.

During the fair, they actually put some other sign over the CPZ sign.

I was going to get in touch with them after the fair, but didn't.

If you want to run with this one, I would suggest contacting the Ag Society first.
MyWifeSaidYes
docachna

Post by docachna »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Don't do that, yet, please.

The folks at the Agricultural Society were very accommodating and DID remove 2 of the 3 signs they had posted.

If you want to run with this one, I would suggest contacting the Ag Society first.
Probably a wise idea. Let me know privately of any contact numbers, names, etc., and I'll get rolling.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

[quote="MyWifeSaidYes"]Don't do that, yet, please.

There are two brick pillars at the main entrance at Broad St. and Fair Ave. The remaining sign is on the left pillar.

They got the one off the right and missed the left? I didn't even notice when I was at the gun show a while back.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

docachna wrote:

Probably a wise idea. Let me know privately of any contact numbers, names, etc., and I'll get rolling.
They are a public entity. They don't get the private treatment. :lol:

This is the where I got the contact info for the fair board: http://www.fairfieldcountyfair.org/General-Info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

concreteguy wrote:

They got the one off the right and missed the left? I didn't even notice when I was at the gun show a while back.
The sign on the right is not about guns. I think it's a "Notice - No trespassing after hours" or something like that. The other two were on the fence going down Fair Ave.
MyWifeSaidYes
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
concreteguy wrote:

The sign on the right is not about guns. I think it's a "Notice - No trespassing after hours" or something like that. The other two were on the fence going down Fair Ave.
I was referring to the ones that used to be there. The one that is still up is so faded I didn't bother taking a picture. There are 8-9 entrance/exits to the fairgrounds. They got +87% of them down.