Membership Update

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Membership Update

Post by djmac1964 »

TJW815 wrote:One question why does it come from Michigan? Kinda assumed it would be shipped from Ohio..
This should explain it.

http://ohioccw.org/wiki/Why_a_Michigan_postal_address
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

TJW815 wrote:Got mine today, expires in two months...

One question why does it come from Michigan? Kinda assumed it would be shipped from Ohio..

I think something to hand out instead if a membership card would pay dividends to the organization. Or make the membership id's printable to save money.
So I don't have to type it all over....

Why a Michigan Postal Address

As for the second part, it seems a lot like having membership cards. It's been widely debated to get rid of them. But at the small cost for each one, there's actually quite a few people that want something in hand to say they belong to an organization.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

djmac1964 wrote:
TJW815 wrote:One question why does it come from Michigan? Kinda assumed it would be shipped from Ohio..
This should explain it.

http://ohioccw.org/wiki/Why_a_Michigan_postal_address

Thanks!

I find the following very disheartening.
It should not come as a surprise to many that OFCC does business with numerous companies outside of Ohio. More than 90% of the items in our webstore are stored and fulfilled by a New York based company that embroidered our first shirts in 1999 and has grown with us since our inception. Our websites are hosted by companies headquartered in or using data centers in California, Texas, and Virginia to name a few.

The National Rifle Association is a New York based corporation, it's headquarters are in Virginia, yet their membership processing is a Palm Coast Florida address.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

TJW815 wrote:I find the following very disheartening.
It should not come as a surprise to many that OFCC does business with numerous companies outside of Ohio. More than 90% of the items in our webstore are stored and fulfilled by a New York based company that embroidered our first shirts in 1999 and has grown with us since our inception. Our websites are hosted by companies headquartered in or using data centers in California, Texas, and Virginia to name a few.

The National Rifle Association is a New York based corporation, it's headquarters are in Virginia, yet their membership processing is a Palm Coast Florida address.
What's disheartening about that?

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

New York
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

sabalo wrote:
To see when your membership expires log in on the main OhioCCW.org webpage. If you are unsure of your password, select the forgot password link and a temporary one will be emailed to you. You can then log in and once you do it will take you to your dashboard that will show you your membership information.
I have tried at least five times. It never mails me a new password. Any suggestions ?
I had the same problem when trying to edit my profile to use my new email address, never got it fixed so I just joined under my new email address.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Tweed Ring wrote:Conversely, I am indifferent to the vols timely/untimely/if ever/never issuance of membership cards, coins, computer totems, and the like. I donate to OFCC as the vols do a good job of lobbying the pols in our Ohio General Assembly.

To me, that's the important game.
This, exactly. Never really worried about my membership card, I treat it as more of a donation than a membership, which is why I also volunteer my time.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

JustaShooter wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:Conversely, I am indifferent to the vols timely/untimely/if ever/never issuance of membership cards, coins, computer totems, and the like. I donate to OFCC as the vols do a good job of lobbying the pols in our Ohio General Assembly.

This, exactly. Never really worried about my membership card, I treat it as more of a donation than a membership, which is why I also volunteer my time.
And soon (once I confirm a few things with our credit card processor) we'll have a way for direct donations outside of a membership. :mrgreen:

Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

JustaShooter wrote:

Donation to a good organization. Every hour the vols are involved with membership details/quandaries is an hour they are not involved in lobbying, or spending time with their families.

One day the site supporter banner showed up under my name. Didn't ask for it - have no idea who put it there. Don't care one way or the other.My contribution is merely a donation.

What I want is their watching the Ohio pols for slippage.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

TR....That's fine for you......For me, I would want a few flags fluttering next to my name...American and Italian would be fine....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Tweed Ring wrote:Donation to a good organization. Every hour the vols are involved with membership details/quandaries is an hour they are not involved in lobbying, or spending time with their families.
TR, I respect and appreciate your sentiment on this, and I know that there are many others that feel the same way. With that said, please rest assured that we have people in place to do most of the organizational tasks, other than the lobbying, and other work that goes on at the state house, and with the politicians.

I personally would not be comfortable dealing with the legislature, other than sending letters and emails with my concerns. That is why I try to help by working the gun shows, trying to introduce OFCC to people that may not know about us. As well as keeping the calenders updated, and some other behind the scenes stuff that takes the burden off of the people doing the the legislative stuff.

I am happy to know that people are receiving their cards now, and realize that that will be the only way that some actually donate anything to OFCC. If that is what it takes to keep things going, then that is what should happen. And keeping things happening is why I choose to donate my time.

Also keep in mind that membership numbers really help. The more paid members we have, the stronger our voices will be when dealing with the legislature!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

TJW815 wrote:I find the following very disheartening.

While I understand why you would find it disheartening that we use out of state vendors, keep in mind that we are trying to be as cost effective as possible. The less money we spend on the day to day things, the more we have to put into the work we do in Ohio. :wink:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member

dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

I like having the patron banner under my name. Gives more credibility to my (sometimes) dumb comments.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

No comment.... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

carmen fovozzo wrote:No comment.... :)
Come on, now, you could have said you felt my pain... :-)
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;