Montgomery County Renewal A++

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

parbreaker

Montgomery County Renewal A++

Post by parbreaker »

I have to say I am extremely pleased with Montgomery County Sheriff's Office this time (my 2nd renewal).

I printed off the application and filled it out before going, including addresses lived at since my last renewal. I brought along the relevant ORC in case they tried to tell me I had to re-list all of my addresses since being 18.

I showed up (they are open 8-3 during the week without needing appointments) about noon, signed in, gave her my application, Driver License, and CHL. I waited about five minutes until she called my name. I then gave my fingerprints, took a picture, and wrote a check. I was in and out in about 7 minutes.

A couple points of note. I overheard her actually telling another person that they only had to list addresses since their last renewal instead of all of them. I was pleased that she was well informed and took the time to tell it to someone without them asking. Also, as she handed me back my CHL she told me they would call when it was ready and that it could take up to 45 days but that my current one had a 30 day grace period on it. I was pleased she was aware of that and took the time to inform me (even though I already knew, a lot of CHL holders don't).

To top it all off the very next day at about 10 AM I got a call that my license was ready to be picked up anytime (24/7) at the Sheriff's Office. That was a 22 hour turn around, which is pretty quick. I have to say that they seem to really have their act together and be on top of the relevant laws.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Montgomery County Renewal A++

Post by JustaShooter »

Outstanding!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Re: Montgomery County Renewal A++

Post by Brian D. »

Good to hear. As memory serves Montgomery County was having some issues getting this work done as of just a few months ago.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.