NEW! - Site Supporter Logos 100% AUTOMATIC as of March 2013

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: NEW! - Site Supporter Logos 100% AUTOMATIC as of March 2

Post by Pops Fun »

I renewed a month ago and no banner!!!
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

PMs inbound to the last two posts.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Looks like the "100% AUTOMATIC" went to stick shift. Someone please let the clutch out so my overdue Patron logo can magically appear.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

It is 100% automatic however....we discovered a huge bug. If your membership status at one point expired....it will not renew said membership status. We will take your money, but it's not renewing. I have about 30-40 records to manually fix where it's not renewing a status once it expired. So, we encourage all to keep renewing and I'll just have to keep manually fixing for now till we figure out why it's doing what it's doing.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Add me to the bug list, didn't realize I expired, almost a year :oops: Fix when you can, use my money as soon as you want. :mrgreen:
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

cashman966 wrote:Add me to the bug list, didn't realize I expired, almost a year :oops: Fix when you can, use my money as soon as you want. :mrgreen:
Ok, what the heck did you do? Yours should take affect the next time the banner process runs which should be shortly. However, whatever you did to renew.....did it properly.

cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
cashman966 wrote:Add me to the bug list, didn't realize I expired, almost a year :oops: Fix when you can, use my money as soon as you want. :mrgreen:
Ok, what the heck did you do? Yours should take affect the next time the banner process runs which should be shortly. However, whatever you did to renew.....did it properly.
Well I just followed the instructions.

I went to the home page, clicked on the renew OFCC membership link under Join/Renew.
The instructions there said to log in, I tried but it didn't work so I clicked the "Forgot your password?" link.
I entered my Email address, when the email arrived I copied the code and instead of clicking on the link in the email I entered it into the already open reset page. This let me create my password.

I don't recall if I had to log in or if that process did it for me, But I completed the purchase after clicking on the Renew Now link on the member dashboard. After I did that I went into my forum user control panel / Profile. From there I entered my member number and a space then my zip code as there was not a separate box for the zip. Not sure why I just entered my zip as it also asked for address as well, again with no field boxes for entry. Anyway, I pressed the save button but got an error message, I can't remember what the message said but I think it had to do with either the length or invalid characters in the "Your OFCC Expiration Date" field so I deleted the expired date information in that field and saved again and it took.

Looking at the profile today, the expiration field is still empty.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.