Campus Carry

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ohio48
*** Banned ***

Campus Carry

Post by Ohio48 »

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... er_default" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Concealed handguns should not be allowed on college campuses, said a majority of students in a recent study, and they would not feel safer if students and faculty carried weapons.
Mark S.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
-- Thomas Jefferson
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Campus Carry

Post by JustaShooter »

Newsflash: Majority of young adults unable to make reasoned, mature choices in life. Details at 11.

But seriously, did anyone expect anything different? With the preponderance of anti-gun rhetoric in the mainstream media and the heavy liberal bias in the majority of colleges and universities, it would have been news if the majority had voted the *other* way.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

More verification that academia's indoctrination of submissiveness in young people is working.
The awakening will come when these young people graduate and enter the real world of individual competition on the streets of our cities.
Runner_Girl78

Post by Runner_Girl78 »

I've found that the 'traditional' students at YSU turn a blind eye to any criminal activity on campus. I think they have the 'that won't happen to me' mentality and the anti rhetoric shoved down their throats. They haven't learned to think for themselves yet. The non-traditional students, such as myself, seem to be more open to the idea. A lot of the fellow non-traditional students I've met feel campus carry is a good thing. The problem is, we are the minority.

With about eight armed robberies happening near campus in the last month by what appears to be the same suspects, I would think people would wake up. I guess they won't unless they are actually the victim.
"Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” -Ann Coulter
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Runner:

I've said this before, perhaps here, or elsewhere, but when the anti's provide statistics, they're either from bad studies, or just plain made up....

I don't believe, though, that traditional students are quite ready to make such decisions anyway. OTOH, I spent seven years at YSU from 1964 to 1971, and carried from 1967 onwards. Nobody really cared in those days. One of my buddies took off his jacket in class one day, exposing a 4" Taurus revolver in a shoulder rig. That caused some comment, as did another buddy dropping his S&W on the floor one day.... Myself and the buddy with the Taurus were rent-a-cops at the time. The S&W guy was a YPD Patrolman. The "Administration" put out a "no guns" rule which was essentially ignored. The folks actually in charge of Security at the time were realists.

Probably still are - I'm not sure about the current Security Director, but the last one, at least....

I was a "somewhat traditional" student :D.... Working somewhere between full and part time (not counting the "rental" work), and attending classes as part time and full time, depending on my degree needs. My employers didn't mind, and a lot of classes were in the evening, etc.

Things were pretty quiet, security-wise, when I was there. The biggest problem was finding a parking space :D.... But it started to go downhill. The good news is that YSU's Security Department went from two guys to a fairly large contingent. I started there before there was a Security Department at all - we had lots of LEO's there, though, on a "deal" - if they could get time off to attend classes, they got a great discount on tuition. That offer was not ignored. A number of YPD guys were working there part-time, too, for special events or particular locations. We had a few seriously liberal instructors there, but they were mostly laughed at. Times have changed, though.... I don't think I could stand the place now.

Just IMHO, if an individual is licensed, why not carry? The anti's don't seem to understand the age and background limits....

Or the basic "criminals won't obey the signs" thing....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם