1,360 Pounds once fire brass

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BigV

1,360 Pounds once fire brass

Post by BigV »

Current bid is $60.00
Once fired brass.
Breakdown of the brass included in this sale as follows; 10% 9MM, 10% 40S&W, 40% 7.62MM, and 40% 5.56MM.
All you would ever need
BigV
XDm45

Re: 1,360 Pounds once fire brass

Post by XDm45 »

Auction doesn't open until the 5th, me thinks it may go a tad higher at that time. I think the scrap price for fired brass if you deprime it is around $1.50/lb...
This Space For Rent
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Will they put it in flat rate usps boxes to ship to you?? That will make the mail lady happy. :lol:
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

XDm45 wrote:Auction doesn't open until the 5th, me thinks it may go a tad higher at that time. I think the scrap price for fired brass if you deprime it is around $1.50/lb...
Slightly closer to home....

1986 lbs (apprx) 5.56mm fired brass shell
casings
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
BobK

Post by BobK »

XDm45 wrote:Auction doesn't open until the 5th, me thinks it may go a tad higher at that time. I think the scrap price for fired brass if you deprime it is around $1.50/lb...
North of $2.00 a lb.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

BobK wrote:
North of $2.00 a lb.
I should call some of the scrappers we have arrested and let them see the deal. A few years ago Duke energy replaced about 100 feet of power lines. They left the scrap on the ground and actually told a homeowner across the street they could have it (we didn't know this at the time.) We looked at it and it would have probably taken about a month to remove the insulation if one didn't have the machine tool to do it. The non-suspect said it was worth it. :roll:

I'm not sure depriming 73 cases is worth $2.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

You don't have to deprime. Primers are also brass. Any scrap dealer that says so is trying to knock you down on price because you don't know better. Shotgun primers are steel however but those sort out with the steel cased centerfire cartridges.
Cartridge brass is yellow brass, 70% copper. 22 rimfire brass iirc is 65% copper.
If the brass is being sent out of the country it has to be processed in such a way that there are no live cartridges being exported, that's a major no-no for the US State Department, and most of the countries where it would wind up don't allow ammo in civilian hands.

I've bought from Govliquidations. Notice that the total weight is an estimate, and includes the weight of the drums, cases, skids, pallets, boxes, etc. that contains the lot. Also their ammo may contain whatever they pick up off of the range. Shotgun hulls, blanks, MG links, etc. and you have to haul it all, usually in an open-top truck for inspection. Used to be good deals out there- I bought some huge lots- but lately the prices are between average and insane. Notice also that GL charges a 10% buyers' premium on top of final price. That's their profit. That makes your price even higher.

Also take note that this brass has been through a "heated popper". This is fancy-speak for an incinerator or oven. It gets heated to set off any live shells, to comply with export regs and to prevent military ammo from being sold which is against USDOD regs since Clinton.... Because of the high temp it can be considered to be basically scrap and nothing more.

THIS LOT=> http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/v ... Id=6164103" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seems to be almost 770 pounds of 7.62 brass.
But it appears to be all blanks.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.