NEW! - Site Supporter Logos 100% AUTOMATIC as of March 2013

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

NEW! - Site Supporter Logos 100% AUTOMATIC as of March 2013

Post by jgarvas »

Believe it or not, we have actually automated Site Supporter logos as of tonight.

How does it work?

To keep the system as simplistic as possible if the email address we have on file for you as a member matches the email address you use for the forums, and if your membership is active, you will have a Site Supporter or Patron logo. The system synchronizes itself hourly - so a new member will see their logo rather quickly.

Is your site supporter logo grayed out?

It would look like one of these: Image or Image

If this just happened today (2/27) its most likely because we just synchronized the system. There were a number of people who have allowed their membership to lapse and still had a logo, and there are a number of people who apparently have two different email addresses in use. Continue reading for instructions on how to fix that.

You no longer have to put any information into your forums profile - we don't ask you to tell us your membership number, zip code, etc. As long as the email address you're using on the forums matches the email address in the membership system it should sync automatically on the hour.

Wait... did your membership expire?

If a membership expires it will enter a grace period and we will convert a logo to a "grayed out" version giving the member an opportunity (indicator?) to renew. Once the grace period expires all logos will be removed automatically. Renewing your membership online is both easy and will restore your logo within an hour - however, the system has been moved to our main page at http://OhioCCW.org.. To renew an existing membership online go to OhioCCW.org and click on the "Log In" button in the top right corner. Since you'll have no idea what the password is the first time you visit the website use the "Forgot your password?" link and enter your email address. Remember: If you signed up with an older email address you need to type that in at this point. An email will be sent to you and you can reset that password, renew your membership, and optionally update the email address.

If you neither can remember your old email address or simply don't have access to it we need to manually intervene. Go to http://OhioCCW.org, click on Contact OFCC, and send a message to "Membership" telling us who you are and what email address you'd like us to use. We'll help you get access into the system as soon as we can.

You can use that same form to ask questions and I'll try to monitor this thread for a awhile as well. The system is new and likely to have some quirks, so bear with us :)
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
cgs500

Re: NEW! - Site Supporter Logos 100% AUTOMATIC as of March 2

Post by cgs500 »

I lost my little "site supporter" banner. I am paid up through 6-13-2013.
NRA life member, Ohio 4-H certified rifle instructor
Cynyster

Post by Cynyster »

What if they do not match? :(
Life without music is a mistake.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

cgs500 wrote:I lost my little "site supporter" banner. I am paid up through 6-13-2013.
Cynyster wrote:What if they do not match? :(
Go to http://ohioccw.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and click on LogIn. Select forgot password and put in the email you used when you purchased your membership so the system can send you an email with a password (since nobody should have one the first time.) If you have no clue what that email was or no longer have access to it, follow Jeff's last bit for contacting OFCC through the main page. We will do our best to manually change your email address in the database.

If you do get logged in with your difference email, there will be an option to change user preferences. You can change your system email there to match the forum. I believe you can also change your forum email to match the main page if you choose. Essentially, the email address on the main page and the one on the forum must be the same now. If there is any difference, the systems won't link together.

If you have any problems, use the Contact Us advice above and we (Jeff) will look into it.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
cgs500

Post by cgs500 »

I can no longer access my email account I used when paying for membership since it was hacked and has been locked. I changed my email in my profile, and sent a notification through the home page. What else can I do on my end?

I tried logging in on the home page and can't get that to work either, I can log into forums though.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

cgs500 wrote:I can no longer access my email account I used when paying for membership since it was hacked and has been locked. I changed my email in my profile, and sent a notification through the home page. What else can I do on my end?

I tried logging in on the home page and can't get that to work either, I can log into forums though.
Jeff should get back to you in a day or so. He'll have to manually find your membership in the database and just change the email address to match that of the forum.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
slowquest

Post by slowquest »

Sent a message from the link on the main site. I don't have access to the email address I used when I first signed up. I need to update my membership.
“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams
cgs500

Post by cgs500 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
cgs500 wrote:I can no longer access my email account I used when paying for membership since it was hacked and has been locked. I changed my email in my profile, and sent a notification through the home page. What else can I do on my end?

Jeff should get back to you in a day or so. He'll have to manually find your membership in the database and just change the email address to match that of the forum.
Thanks! :D
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

After being "Recently Expired" for years, I'm a "Site Supporter" again! Thanks for getting this to work.
cgs500

Post by cgs500 »

Well...I finally was able to get my original registered email account squared away. I tried switching back to that and see if the banner would show up. It didn't. Still waiting to get this resolved.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I sent my e-mail... although it was today, a good 3 weeks after it was requested. :oops:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

cgs500 wrote:Well...I finally was able to get my original registered email account squared away. I tried switching back to that and see if the banner would show up. It didn't. Still waiting to get this resolved.
If you switched it today it won't show up automatically. I think he has it do it every night, so it should show up tomorrow. Don't quote me on how often he has it scan the other database, but I know it's not 100% automatic, it's 99%.

pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Renewed today.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Shaolin_dragon

Post by Shaolin_dragon »

Ditto.
I carry, because I care!
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

:shock: Been a paid up member most of the year and still do not have the notice. :roll:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)