Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tdeal823

Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

Post by tdeal823 »

Just showed up for a great weekend with than family and bam. On every door.
tdeal823

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH is a CPZ

Post by tdeal823 »

https://picasaweb.google.com/1106036339 ... 3_qSyavGZw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure how to post a pic of sign.
Bombarde32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Bombarde32 »

I cannot speak from direct experience, but I would imagine that sidearms and waterslides don't go together real well anyway...a gunbelt in the pool is a fashion faux pas, and an in-the-waistband holster would probably cause your swimsuit to sag.
tdeal823

Post by tdeal823 »

Ha. No kidding :-) I brought a small safe to stick my pistol in for in the room. Did not want to leave it in the car.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Aren't they also a hotel? If so it's not cool if they post those areas. I almost understand when places like bounce houses post simply because guns and jumping in crowded spaces probably don't mix well (just like swimming), however I'd far prefer if they gave the choice to those who wish to defend their families as long as they post rules prohibiting armed people from participating in the activity where gun's might actually cause a safety issue. They should still be welcome to sit and observe if they wish.

Too bad, Great Wolf seemed like an interesting place to take the kids...
tdeal823

Post by tdeal823 »

I will be dropping ofcc cards to different people during my stay and explaining my concerns.
tdeal823

Post by tdeal823 »

Klingon00 wrote:Aren't they also a hotel? If so it's not cool if they post those areas.
I thought hotels had to allow you to carry to and from your room.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Klingon00 wrote:Too bad, Great Wolf seemed like an interesting place to take the kids.
Would you really not take the kids to an indoor waterpark because it's a CPZ? You can't wear a gun in a swimming pool anyway. I know CPZ's are stupid, but I still have to live my life. No one can prevent you from being armed in your room, so I don't see the point in not going there if you want. It's a nice place, and the kids do love it - especially in winter. It is, of course, up to you where to go or not go. You take the kids to Cedar Point sometimes, right? What's the difference?
The British are going! The British are going!
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

tdeal823 wrote:I thought hotels had to allow you to carry to and from your room.
Unfortunately there's nothing in the statute or court precedent to support this contention. The so-called "residential premises" exception that became law in 2008 does not apply because hotel/motel accommodations are excluded from the definition of residential premises.
tdeal823

Post by tdeal823 »

djthomas wrote:
tdeal823 wrote:I thought hotels had to allow you to carry to and from your room.
Unfortunately there's nothing in the statute or court precedent to support this contention. The so-called "residential premises" exception that became law in 2008 does not apply because hotel/motel accommodations are excluded from the definition of residential premises.
Thank you. I was trying to figure that out.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

muxtech wrote:Would you really not take the kids to an indoor waterpark because it's a CPZ? You can't wear a gun in a swimming pool anyway.

Ahem.
I beg to differ.
NAA 22-mag mini-revolver, in a Ziplock bag, in the sealed waterproof pocket of my Speedos.
I'm not going to name specific waterparks on the public forums but let's just say that it has happened.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

evan price wrote:
muxtech wrote:Would you really not take the kids to an indoor waterpark because it's a CPZ? You can't wear a gun in a swimming pool anyway.
Ahem.
I beg to differ.
NAA 22-mag mini-revolver, in a Ziplock bag, in the sealed waterproof pocket of my Speedos.
I'm not going to name specific waterparks on the public forums but let's just say that it has happened.
In Speedos?!

Reminds me of an old Mae West quote ...
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Werz wrote:In Speedos?!

Reminds me of an old Mae West quote ...

Yes, but, in my defence, they were the Speedos that look like cargo shorts. Not the bannana-hammock style Speedos.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Damn, I had the oddest picture in mind, something to do with the old style BMW motorcycle key, and then the picture evaporated, into the mist.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Just put your maritime spring cups in your Glock 26, then put the Glock in a neoprene and velcro ankle holster.

Yes, you CAN go swimming with your gun... :shock: :lol: :roll:
MyWifeSaidYes