Costa Ludus 2013 classes.

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hookalakupua

Re: Costa Ludus 2013 classes.

Post by hookalakupua »

TSiWRX wrote:
hookalakupua wrote:I've taken multiple courses from him in the past, if there's anything anyone wants to know first hand. Bottom line...he and Travis Haley are in a completely different class for what I was looking for.
^ Please expand?

I'm definitely looking forward to some classes with Mr. Haley in the near future. 8) Distance-to-course is a problem for me, currently. :oops:
I ran a Handgun2 and Carbine2 Course with him back to back, and they were the best courses I've ever taken. This was back in Washington during a week of some of the worst weather imaginable and although he himself was beyond sick, he ran that course as if every one of our lives would someday be on the line. The course consisted of about a 70/30 Military/Leo to Civilian mix but you would never have known who was who. After first assessing group safety, he immediately jumped into the heart of the course and we went 100mph for 4 days, non-stop. 35-40 degree weather and non-stop rain, flooded our sand pit and we were constantly working out of 2"-6" of water. Standing, kneeling, prone, on our sides and on our backs...it didn't matter. He instilled a mindset throughout the course, that forced us to concentrate on our fundamentals and the task at hand, regardless of the conditions or our environment. We must have run 15 different shooting exercises and most were ones I had never seen. We trained to the point of failure, solved the failure and then trained harder, faster and more accurately. This is not a course for beginners as we ran pattern drills amongst our partners and our team. He will push you harder than you can imagine but you'll come away with the tools necessary to become a tremendously better shooter.

With that said, he may be the funniest *$%@! I've ever met in my life. He's got an amazing teaching method and his humor is almost worth the price of admission itself! I don't want to go into too many details as you have to hear the comments first hand. Along with his comments are some of the best stories you've ever heard as well.

I wrote up a full after action report after all the courses and I'll see if I can find it. I'll also follow up with my thoughts from Travis and Caylen (Precision Rifle) later on but what I will say now, is that the 3 of them are the best instructors I've ever trained under and that for my personal needs, they're the best of the best and the only ones I will pay that amount of money to train under.

Lastly, I'll be at Travis' Disruptive Environment's Course in April in Michigan if you want to meet up. It's apparently beyond anything else that's out there. Take a look at some of the youtube clips if you get a chance.

Hope that helps and feel free to PM if you want more course specific info.

Cheers
Gaspode

Post by Gaspode »

I'm actually abit concerned about the possibility of an AWB magazine capacity limit and the carbine 2 class.
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

hookalakupua wrote: With that said, he may be the funniest *$%@! I've ever met in my life. He's got an amazing teaching method and his humor is almost worth the price of admission itself! I don't want to go into too many details as you have to hear the comments first hand. Along with his comments are some of the best stories you've ever heard as well.
You mean like the one about his team working with the Norwegians (or something like that?)? Yep, Costa's stories are hilarious. He's a really cool person, and aside from the rigorous nature of HE02, it's one of the reasons why I'm choosing to also spend money on his services.
Lastly, I'll be at Travis' Disruptive Environment's Course in April in Michigan if you want to meet up. It's apparently beyond anything else that's out there. Take a look at some of the youtube clips if you get a chance.
Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to make that one. I think that I'd likely start hitting up Haley's organization some time in 2014.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
hookalakupua

Post by hookalakupua »

TSiWRX wrote:
hookalakupua wrote: With that said, he may be the funniest *$%@! I've ever met in my life. He's got an amazing teaching method and his humor is almost worth the price of admission itself! I don't want to go into too many details as you have to hear the comments first hand. Along with his comments are some of the best stories you've ever heard as well.
You mean like the one about his team working with the Norwegians (or something like that?)? Yep, Costa's stories are hilarious. He's a really cool person, and aside from the rigorous nature of HE02, it's one of the reasons why I'm choosing to also spend money on his services.

The Norwegians, the gangbangers, the crippled, cupcakes, you name it! He's telling us these things and were dying of a laughter one minute and then he's chewing us out and kicking our butt the next! Absolutely brilliant!
Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to make that one. I think that I'd likely start hitting up Haley's organization some time in 2014.
Ill let you know how my course goes and if you're ever in Columbus, let me know!
Merry Xmas
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Cool. Will-do. :)

Were you at Costa's 2012 HE01/02 courses at Southington?
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

CE01 and HE01 @ Southington have both been sold out.