Have you ever had to convince your spouse....

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

The German

Have you ever had to convince your spouse....

Post by The German »

... well, not that you need another new toy (if you find an easy way to do that please let me know :D
But here is a link to a great video from the SAAMI organization showing how sporting ammunition behaves in a fire - it convinced my wife, that there is no problem keeping my few thousand rounds in the house.
Enjoy, but be warned that many rounds were harmed producing this video... get some paper towles in case it is getting too hard to watch...

http://saami.org/videos/sporting_ammuni ... ighter.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pirateguy191

Re: Have you ever had to convince your spouse....

Post by pirateguy191 »

Kinda cool but what a waste of ammo. Skip to about 12:20 for the "bonfire".
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Dupe ?

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... t=waste+of" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

The German wrote:... well, not that you need another new toy (if you find an easy way to do that please let me know :D
But here is a link to a great video from the SAAMI organization showing how sporting ammunition behaves in a fire - it convinced my wife, that there is no problem keeping my few thousand rounds in the house.
Enjoy, but be warned that many rounds were harmed producing this video... get some paper towles in case it is getting too hard to watch...

http://saami.org/videos/sporting_ammuni ... ighter.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thats the easy part-JUST DO IT!!
then afterwards you deal with the consiquences, but by then you already have your new toy.. :lol:
the more ammo, the bigger the fireworks show. :shock:
BOB
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

"Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission..."

From my kid's perspective the above counts for gun purchases, but not the purchase of motorcycles.
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

Tweed Ring wrote:"Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission..."

From my kid's perspective the above counts for gun purchases, but not the purchase of motorcycles.
LOL when i bought my 1rst Harley i was recovering from a broken ankle & still on crutches, i got bored 1 day while she was @ work so i went to the Harley shop & bought a Heritage Softail.
had to wait another month before i could ride to go bring it home, yeah that went over like a fart in church along with gun #3, 4, & 5.. :mrgreen:
BOB
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

My kid came home with a bright red Ducati - this did not go well.
evilspringer

Post by evilspringer »

If I want a new gun, all I have to do is buy my wife one also.
Works well for me.
As far as my Harley, my wife is actually the one who told me to buy it.
She is a keeper for sure!! :D
FlyinCedar

Post by FlyinCedar »

The moment that I need to convince or ask permission, its time to look for a new model. Been there, done that. Never again
TKshooter

Post by TKshooter »

At my house if we have the extra $$ then there's no issue with him getting a gun.

What I run into is that we have to take turns :( And I don't wanna- I want ALL the guns! :mrgreen:
-TK

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Mrs. Daspirate

Post by Mrs. Daspirate »

TKshooter wrote:At my house if we have the extra $$ then there's no issue with him getting a gun.

What I run into is that we have to take turns :( And I don't wanna- I want ALL the guns! :mrgreen:
Lol, that's how it works here too. :)
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."
-Thomas Jefferson