What would you do?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gmhiggins

Re: What would you do?

Post by gmhiggins »

Parroting the not caring about a guy reliving himself on someone else's building. Just not my concern.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Threatening to shoot someone because they busted you whizzing outside isn't normal behavior either.. I would expect to be flipped the bird, or had an explicative yelled, but to threaten to shoot someone over it ? Guy is obviously disturbed.

Maybe when the driver honked the guy got caught up in his zipper when he jumped from being startled and that got him all bent out of shape.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

usmcblt wrote:

The other man -- 21-year-old Michael Spalsbury of Painesville -- seemed upset by this. He reached behind his back and said he had a gun, according to police.

Then he approached the passenger window of the man's car and threatened to shoot him in front of his 12-year-old son, who was seated in the passenger seat, police said.
I wouldn't have honked, either.

However, the bolded part is the part that bothers me.

For whatever reason, someone tells me in a threatening way that he has a gun, then approaches the passenger window where my child is seated, I'm pushing that kid down out of the way, and firearm is out pointed that direction. Hopefully, he takes the hint and runs. The cops can find him cleaning his shorts.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Tweed Ring wrote:I read the story on the Plain Dealer on-line, but it may have been linked to a Lake County newspaper site.
You actually read the PD ? :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Welcome to OFCC...

I don't worry about the small stuff...I only worry about things like when to go to war with the Russian's or Chinese.... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
usmcblt

Post by usmcblt »

I guess what I am asking would anyone have drawn? Or if you were the passenger would anyone have taken action?
You crawl into your bed, with down pillows, and try to get
comfortable.
Marines crawl under a tank for shade and a 5 minute nap, only to be
woken by gun fire.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference.
The Marines don't have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan.
robkjv

Post by robkjv »

If only there were more "No urinating on these premises" signs. The world would be a safer place. Think of the germs he was spreading. Think of the humanity of it all. Someone should call the liberals and get stricter legislation out there for concealed urination. :lol: :lol:
"Don't Tread On Me"
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

robkjv wrote:If only there were more "No urinating on these premises" signs. The world would be a safer place. Think of the germs he was spreading. Think of the humanity of it all. Someone should call the liberals and get stricter legislation out there for concealed urination. :lol: :lol:
Can you imagine the sign picture of a person male or female "wizzing" (if you will) crossed out.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:I read the story on the Plain Dealer on-line, but it may have been linked to a Lake County newspaper site.
You actually read the PD ? :)
C - As a kid, I used the Plain Dealer to learn to read. We didn't have much, but we had the PD on the porch every day. Not the News, not the Press, but the survivor, the PD.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I wouldn't have honked first,
And if my vehicle was approached in such a manner I would have driven off if possible, and drawn my sidearm if not.
Hopefully my passengers know to cover their ears when they see that because I doubt if I'll take time to tell them,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
BlueMR2

Post by BlueMR2 »

gmhiggins wrote:Parroting the not caring about a guy reliving himself on someone else's building. Just not my concern.
Same here. As much as I dislike the unsanitary nature of wall urination, the current laws against it are downright impractical. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go, and with all the businesses that only have "employee use only" restrooms, what do you expect? I've been out a number of times when there's just no restrooms anywhere around. If one were to find oneself in a urinary emergency at that time, well, guess what's going to happen.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Mustang380gal wrote:
usmcblt wrote:

The other man -- 21-year-old Michael Spalsbury of Painesville -- seemed upset by this. He reached behind his back and said he had a gun, according to police.

Then he approached the passenger window of the man's car and threatened to shoot him in front of his 12-year-old son, who was seated in the passenger seat, police said.
I wouldn't have honked, either.

However, the bolded part is the part that bothers me.

For whatever reason, someone tells me in a threatening way that he has a gun, then approaches the passenger window where my child is seated, I'm pushing that kid down out of the way, and firearm is out pointed that direction. Hopefully, he takes the hint and runs. The cops can find him cleaning his shorts.
I like the way you think and if I felt I didn't have a route of retreat that's probably what I'd do. However, assuming I thought I could get away, I'd probably use my vehicle to retreat as fast as I could before calling the police as in the original story. Better to avoid a gun fight than keeping the child and self anywhere near it if possible. It might also avoid possibly going to jail for failure to retreat, even if castle doctrine might be a viable defense later.
hAkron

Post by hAkron »

I'm sorry, but somebody claiming to have a gun, threatening me with it, and attempting to reach for it while walking aggressively toward me would be all the motivation I would need to respond in such a way to neutralize the threat.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

There was no confrontation until the driver honked his horn. Since he started the confrontation, Ohio's castle doctrine would not apply.

I would not have honked, but I may have yelled "Find a bathroom!" out my window. Yes, I know that would be starting a confrontation. If the guy then says he's going to shoot me, I'm going to draw down on him. If he moves toward my family in a threatening manner, I'll stop the threat. I'd deal with the aftermath as needed.

Best option: call the non-emergency number of the local law enforcement agency. If they want to follow-up, they can. You've kept yourself and your family safe, and you've informed the authorities about a minor illegal issue.
MyWifeSaidYes
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

BlueMR2 wrote:
gmhiggins wrote:Parroting the not caring about a guy reliving himself on someone else's building. Just not my concern.
Same here. As much as I dislike the unsanitary nature of wall urination, the current laws against it are downright impractical. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go, and with all the businesses that only have "employee use only" restrooms, what do you expect? I've been out a number of times when there's just no restrooms anywhere around. If one were to find oneself in a urinary emergency at that time, well, guess what's going to happen.
You guys must not plan ahead very well.

Women don't seem to have this trouble. With as many kids as I have, and being a woman without a "wall option" I can tell you where just about every bathroom is in Wayne, Stark and southern Cuyahoga counties. 8)
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!