UK demonizes weapon of choice

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

UK demonizes weapon of choice

Post by bignflnut »

For levity, here's Christopher Walken in Weapon of Choice.

But I digress...the Telegraph has begun demonizing the Glock pistol as " the weapon of choice for spree killers "
Barrat argues that the gun undoubtedly increases the death toll in mass shootings where it is used.

"The American gun market is now permeated by these large-capacity magazines," Barrat told the radio series. "And I think that contributes to the likelihood that when a psychopath decides to do his evil work, he's going to have a tool that's more effective."
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: UK demonizes weapon of choice

Post by carmen fovozzo »

BS. My weapon of choice would be fragmentation grenades and a M-60...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Well, maybe they should buy some, so they can easily stop their next mass casualty event. It's sad when you see powerless UK LEOs unable to stop that guy in Scotland that drove all over shooting people for way longer than he should have been able to do.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

Duh, because Glocks are as common as rain in England, shamrocks in Ireland, and sheep in Scotland
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Sociologically and politically, the UK is just one big, never ending "Monty Python" skit.

I couldn't care less what they think.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Vex

Post by Vex »

deanimator wrote:Sociologically and politically, the UK is just one big, never ending "Monty Python" skit.

Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon, and spam.
  • “You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.” - Al Capone
  • “Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win.” - Sun-Tzu
Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

deanimator wrote:Sociologically and politically, the UK is just one big, never ending "Monty Python" skit.

I disagree - Monty Python is at least somewhat, if remotely, funny :lol: I dunno, maybe British humor is just over my head :roll: