Is This Freedom Of Speech???

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Is This Freedom Of Speech???

Post by pirateguy191 »

Occupy Seattle "clown" pretends to shoot at police with an umbrella. I honestly don't know how these cops kept their cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQaeRxZM ... r_embedded
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Is This Freedom Of Speech???

Post by sodbuster95 »

What an idiot.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I don't look at this guy as effectively fighting for liberty & constitution. Despite his many references to the fact that the United States is a fascist country (which is true it is) I don't think the OWS folks are even interested in the constitution though. Since they want free healthcare and all sorts of stuff that only is free at first after that you're entire country will look like Detroit.

However, I don't think it was hurting anyone. Its highly annoying yeah.

These guys are lost. If they see the writing on the wall the whole system could collapse, because of what their protesting. If that happens whats this guy going to do ? I don't think protesting with you're clown outfit will help when you're hungry. .
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

sodbuster95 wrote:What an idiot.
Total tool. He needs Taser therapy.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

This guy needs to ride the lightning and be hog tied.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Werz wrote:
sodbuster95 wrote:What an idiot.
Total tool. He needs Taser therapy.
:lol: Don't taze me, bro!

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

He is lucky not to be ventilated. just sayin
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

Idiot? Yes. Freedom of Speech? perhaps. I could definitely see a lawyer making the argument that "he was just expressing his hatred of police".
I've had consistently good results with ether.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

As much as I would have enjoyed seeing him tazed, or pepper sprayed, the cops handled it very well! Had they done anything, it would have just been more media attention, and that seems to be something that the occupy movement enjoys!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Bianchi? wrote:Idiot? Yes. Freedom of Speech? perhaps. I could definitely see a lawyer making the argument that "he was just expressing his hatred of police".
That's the wonderful thing about the First Amendment ...

He exercises his rights by expressing his animosity toward police.

We exercise our rights by publicly pointing out what a tool he is.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Obviously, there is a line between free speech and threatening speech. As the nimrod appeared to never crossed the line, his speech is protected by the First Amendment. Surely, this is a judgement call. Being rude, discourteous, and disrespectful, while engaged in political speech, does not eliminate one's right to speak publicly, and express one's dissenting viewpoint.

Wasn't it just a few years ago that our Liberal friends told us that dissent was patriotic?
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Tweed Ring wrote:Obviously, there is a line between free speech and threatening speech. As the nimrod appeared to never crossed the line, his speech is protected by the First Amendment. Surely, this is a judgement call. Being rude, discourteous, and disrespectful, while engaged in political speech, does not eliminate one's right to speak publicly, and express one's dissenting viewpoint.
Agree completely.

And he's still an idiot. :wink:

Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

And, a nimrod, and one who does not support the social contract. The cure for bad speech is, of course, more speech.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Tweed Ring wrote:And, a nimrod
A mighty warrior?

Wow.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

Werz wrote:
Bianchi? wrote:Idiot? Yes. Freedom of Speech? perhaps. I could definitely see a lawyer making the argument that "he was just expressing his hatred of police".
That's the wonderful thing about the First Amendment ...

He exercises his rights by expressing his animosity toward police.

We exercise our rights by publicly pointing out what a tool he is.
Yup. And such a tool he is :lol:

And yes, this is what exercising free speech has become - squatting on the lawns of public buildings. Geez, these guys are too lazy to even protest properly - no signs or placards, no rousing chants - I'm rather dissappointed