Stolen Cruiser, Shots fired

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ParaC7

Stolen Cruiser, Shots fired

Post by ParaC7 »

Columbus Police Cruiser stolen, Shots fired, 10 TV had the Raw video posted.

http://www.10tv.com/content/sections/vi ... -fired.xml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This happened right near my house. about a half a mile up the street.
Last edited by ParaC7 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
wkdravenna

Re: Stolen Cruiser, Shots fired

Post by wkdravenna »

Wow that was some Grand Theft auto video game stuff right there.

I think that guy was just borrowing that police car he probably had an appointment or something.
Someone should make a remix of that policeman who said I need everybody back !
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

They shot at him for stealing a car? Are "civilians" allowed to do that as well? Isnt a vehicle just property? Did anyone else see all the other cars on the road?
Poop!
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:They shot at him for stealing a car? Are "civilians" allowed to do that as well? Isnt a vehicle just property? Did anyone else see all the other cars on the road?
You keep forgetting that there are two sets of rules : one set for the peasants, the other for the police.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

WOW!!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:They shot at him for stealing a car? Are "civilians" allowed to do that as well? Isnt a vehicle just property? Did anyone else see all the other cars on the road?
I originally thought the same thing too...
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I'll give them shooting at someone that steals not just property, but a police car. However, the location....now, that's once I can't agree with. The proximity of that other car and proximity of the officer shooting seemed to close much to say it was a shooting in a safe distance.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Is it standard practice to leave the keys in the vehicle? I would think someone should be dinged for this lapse.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Tweed Ring wrote:Is it standard practice to leave the keys in the vehicle? I would think someone should be dinged for this lapse.
Good point. 2008 and later Crown Vics came standard with a key removal switch. Push the button, remove the key, car stays on, but that's about it. Prior years, dependent on policy and if they may need to get back into the vehicle real quick. However, my guess is policy says to lock the doors either way.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Some years ago, one of my e/e's did something similar. Our vehicle got trashed and he got properly dinged.
SeafoodGuy

Post by SeafoodGuy »

I thought the same exact thing when I first watched the video and heard the gunshots.

I kind of recall that part about gun safety, about knowing what your target is, and what's behind it.

If a civilian did that, we'd get charged for escalating the situation by firing at the person, when all they did was steal a vehicle.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Police might make the argument that the 12 gauge and/or carbine in the cruiser (especially since perp now has keys with him) make the idiot stealing the cruiser also now stealing loaded firearms and by default, in "possession" of them.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I'll give them shooting at someone that steals not just property, but a police car. However, the location....now, that's once I can't agree with. The proximity of that other car and proximity of the officer shooting seemed to close much to say it was a shooting in a safe distance.
Yeah, but police are heavily trained in the use of firearms and never miss..... :mrgreen:
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Same thoughts..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Sevens wrote:Police might make the argument that the 12 gauge and/or carbine in the cruiser (especially since perp now has keys with him) make the idiot stealing the cruiser also now stealing loaded firearms and by default, in "possession" of them.
Possession of a firearm is grounds for using deadly force?
Poop!