FL man killed when LEOs knock at wrong house

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BobK

Re: FL man killed when LEOs knock at wrong house

Post by BobK »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:The door in the video I watched seemed quite "damaged". Almost as if a boot or 2 had been applied to it.
I'd like to follow up on this line of discussion, Dan.

Which video were you watching, the one at http://www.jacksonvillelawyerhelp.com/2 ... fs-office/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you point to the time in the video where you believe the door had been booted in?

To Mike, first thing that comes to mind is your voice recorder is running, right?
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

bignflnut wrote:Video says cops found drugs inside Andrew's apartment (justification, anyone?)!
Take a vacation, boys!
The Atlanta PD said they "found" drugs in Kathryn Johnston's home too...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

[quote="JediSkipdoggFYI....Hamilton County SWAT is certified in the use of C4 shape charges. Got a door that will stop that?[/quote]

I am trying to imagine a scenario in which it would be appropriate for SWAT to use C4. Making my head hurt. :shock:
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

WestonDon wrote:[quote="JediSkipdoggFYI....Hamilton County SWAT is certified in the use of C4 shape charges. Got a door that will stop that?
I am trying to imagine a scenario in which it would be appropriate for SWAT to use C4. Making my head hurt. :shock:[/quote]

My understanding when they got the training was after they had a subject that was barricaded and the residence had solid steel doors and bars on the windows. Essentially, a tought situation to break into. I have yet to hear of them using it since training, however, they have it.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

dynamike wrote:
BobK wrote:A better approach would have been to be behind a hardened entry speaking to the police via intercomm and CCTV. Have them show their badge to the camera and state their badge number. Let them know you'll come out to speak with them as soon as you verify LEO status with 911. You'll also have video/audio of the encounter.
Some people can't afford that, Bob.

At the very least, the door should stay shut until the identification of the knocker can be verified.

Unfortunately, we only have the officers' story. How can we not be sure he didn't open the door with his firearm at the low-ready or even pointed at the ground by his leg?
And some of us live in apartments. We can't afford to improve somebody ELSE'S property for free.

The cops mistakenly came to my place last year. I never opened the door to them and my side of the conversation was strictly one syllable answers. I NEVER would have opened the door to them without a warrant present.
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

BobK wrote:
dan dan the XD40 man wrote:The door in the video I watched seemed quite "damaged". Almost as if a boot or 2 had been applied to it.
I'd like to follow up on this line of discussion, Dan.

Which video were you watching, the one at http://www.jacksonvillelawyerhelp.com/2 ... fs-office/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you point to the time in the video where you believe the door had been booted in?

To Mike, first thing that comes to mind is your voice recorder is running, right?
Thats not the one. But, the door looks OK in that video other than a lot of perforations.
Poop!
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

JediSkipdogg wrote: FYI....Hamilton County SWAT is certified in the use of C4 shape charges. Got a door that will stop that?
AMFO lined door? C4 would make a dandy initiator charge.

Kidding of course.. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

This is a Tragedy. Government's Treading all over everyone.

Some people want the government to be in-charge of even more things.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

wkdravenna wrote:This is a Tragedy. Government's Treading all over everyone.

Some people want the government to be in-charge of even more things.
This is where the "You've got to break some eggs to make an omelet!" factions of the right and left meet and shake hands over the body of some innocent citizen like the Wehrmacht and the Red Army shaking hands over the corpse of Poland in 1939.

The left believes that if it happened to a non-criminal gun owner, he had it coming for BEING a gun owner.

The right believes that if a cop did it, it just COULDN'T be wrong.
Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

deanimator wrote:And some of us live in apartments. We can't afford to improve somebody ELSE'S property for free..
Precisely - and good luck getting reimbursed for a state of the art security system by your landlord. I didn't even get reimbursed for the deadbolts I installed - have yet to provide a key for them yet and likely never will
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Link to update:
While Jonathan Brown is now charged with attempted murder, WFTV says that it appears that the police upgraded the charge after killing Scott. The suggestion is that it looks much better to have gunned down a citizen while looking for an attempted murder suspect. It also could be used to excuse the failure to identify themselves given the danger of the suspect.

Yet, it appears that the police were called over a simple street fight where Brown allegedly held a cinder block above the victim in a threatening way. However, he never used the cinder block and that does not sound like attempted murder to me. It sounds like a simple street fight.

Notably, the Florida law below does not list battery as one of the underlying felonies for murder or attempted murder charges. The reason may be that it would convert virtually all batteries into attempted murder cases.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798