Red White and Boom flashmob?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Red White and Boom flashmob?

Post by dynamike »

Tweed Ring wrote:
dynamike wrote:I attended RW&B and was not aware of such an event. I did hear gunfire as we walked north on HIgh street between W 1st and Price. I shutter to think how that series of events would've played out had any one of one those thugs assaulted me or any of my friends.
As a trainer, I'm interested. What does one do when one is violently set upon by 30 or more playful, yet oppressed, yutes?
There wasn't one of us. We each carry around 30 rounds. We train. Some of us even have real life experience in uniform. You do the math.

Probably what would happen is that one or two rounds would be discharged and one assailant may be ventilated before the rest of them ran away with all new fudge factories in their fruit of looms. If the mob rushed you true zombie apocalypse style instead of running, you're no better off than being assaulted by one of them.
Mike

I am an engineering statistician, US Submarine Veteran, avid motorcyclist, and staunch supporter of Liberty.

Ohio Director Students for Concealed Carry
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

D; Obviously, you have given this scenario some thought. Thank you for your reply.
zjitsu

Post by zjitsu »

What ever happened to the stock and public flogings in the public square?
dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dynamike »

Tweed Ring wrote:D; Obviously, you have given this scenario some thought. Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I have and you're welcome. I sincerely believe these types of attacks may occur as a result of the upcoming election. It concerns me very much.
Mike

I am an engineering statistician, US Submarine Veteran, avid motorcyclist, and staunch supporter of Liberty.

Ohio Director Students for Concealed Carry
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

There is no evidence that these current "unarmed" violent mobs do not have access to firearms. On the contrary .....
steel

Post by steel »

dynamike wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:D; Obviously, you have given this scenario some thought. Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I have and you're welcome. I sincerely believe these types of attacks may occur as a result of the upcoming election. It concerns me very much.
I think you may be right
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

BobK wrote:Shoot 'em . . .

It gotta happen sooner or later. Flash mobs are entirely without consequences now.

Aye, that is the only way to discourage them because they are cowards picking on the sheeple, until someone bites back. That meek guy they warn to attack might just be carrying a .45 or a .357 snubby.

:D
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

BobK is absolutely correct. It is going to happen sooner or later and the world will change when it does. For the better or for the worse depends how society in general treats the incident when it does happen. If it is viewed as a racial crime and the victim persecuted then it will only serve to further divide society between civilization and the animal kingdom. In the unlikely event that it is viewed by mainstream society as the end of tolerance of barbarian behavior then perhaps there is hope.

In any case I am sure we can expect the rhyming reverends to make things worse.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

If 8 black youths attack me or mine I'll shoot, if 8 white youths attack me or mine I'll shoot no matter if they be female or male. I am an equal opportunity survivor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Anyone who so responds will be beaten like a meat piñata by the Democrat Cheer Leading Media, by the Marching Reverends, and by pols who seek relevance.
Gaspode

Post by Gaspode »

Tweed Ring wrote:Anyone who so responds will be beaten like a meat piñata by the Democrat Cheer Leading Media, by the Marching Reverends, and by pols who seek relevance.
It's better to have reporters at my door asking me "Why, oh why did you shoot that poor poor unemployed 20 something who was just turning his life around" than reporters at my door trying to interview my wife how she feels to be a widow.
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Tweed Ring wrote:Anyone who so responds will be beaten like a meat piñata by the Democrat Cheer Leading Media, by the Marching Reverends, and by pols who seek relevance.
Perhaps so but I will not use the Zimmerman template for my pre and post shooting behavior. That gives me a leg up on him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life Member NRA
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
Perhaps so but I will not use the Zimmerman template for my pre and post shooting behavior. That gives me a leg up on him.
"Why did you shoot those 5 children?" "Because those are the 5 'children' that attacked me!"

Next question?
MyWifeSaidYes
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
"Why did you shoot those 5 children?" "Because those are the 5 'children' that attacked me!"

Next question?
Actually I think, "The gang were effectively beating the life out if me and I had to use my firearm to overcome their disparity of force!" wording effectively fits what I would use as my benchmark for actually having to shoot.
Life Member NRA