hornady Lock& load

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

lux8

hornady Lock& load

Post by lux8 »

Has anyone used the new lock and load and had any breakage ? I bought a new one for Christmas sent my shell plates back for re fitting and bought a new 45 plate . I had no bullets for 45 acp made a trip to FFF for the first time [another story]
new years eve started loading, on the 3 rd station , when I was priming the 3rd round the drive hub broke in 1/2 I can’t believe how it broke this is a stout part Of course Hornaday is sending a new one but . Did I just get a bad part freak thing ? Tec support couldn’t offer much help . So I was just wondering if anyone has had any breakage thanks DD
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: hornady Lock& load

Post by dl1911 »

I got a Hornady LnL Progressive about 2 years ago and the only problems with it have been my doing! Primer punch got something in it and was stuck up. I didn't notice and kept right on pulling down. The slide was stuck on the punch and it bent the cam. Called Hornady the next day and they sent a new part right out along with a spare. I've probably loaded around 50,000 rds to date.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
PB_Crisp

Post by PB_Crisp »

MY wife bought me a LNL AP for Christmas. SHE IS AWESOME!
It was delivered to my shooting buddy's house, so I would be clueless.
The box showed up at his house some time in November. The thing looked like it had rolled here, instead of riding on a delivery truck. Needless to say, he opened it up for inspection, and the INDEX WHEEL was busted in half. The press was immeditaly shipped off to Hornady, and they fixed it before I even loaded a rd. I have had no problems with it so far...other than when I try to MASH primers into crimped primer pockets.

1600 rds through it so far...and counting, fast.
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

I just talked the wife into "letting" me get one of these. :mrgreen: A friend has the Ammo Plant. That is my ultimate goal, but I have to work up to that. LOL

BTW, Ive never reloaded anything. Ive got a LOT to learn!
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
true_pair

Post by true_pair »

Bought one last year. Have loaded about 2k rounds. Only problem I ran into was slight indexing problem which was easily fixed by adjusting the screws. I say you just got a bad one.
"The great object is, that every man be armed"

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788