Primary and BUG?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

RobertNashville

Primary and BUG?

Post by RobertNashville »

Hello folks,

ALthough I'm origionally from Ohio I've been gone a long time (moved to Tennessee in 1996)...anyway...I will be attending the 2A Freedom Conference in Dublin this weekend (I'm reallhy looking forward to driging in preditcted snofall this evening!). I hate to ask such a simple question but I've been unable to find the answer so far so I'm hoping someone here can let me know.

I have my Handgun Carr Permint from TN and in TN we are not restricted on the number of firearms we can carry at one time and many of us, like myself, carry a primary weapon and a back-up. My question is whether that is allowed in Ohio or not? If it isn't I'll just keep my second weapon secured and unladed in the back of the vehicle; just trying to clarify.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Robert
- My Basset Hound Is Smarter Than Your Honor Student and Barack Obama -
sol740

Re: Primary and BUG?

Post by sol740 »

To my knowledge there is no restriction on the number of handguns you can carry with a valid permit.
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

There is no restriction on the number of guns you can carry with a CHL in Ohio (well maybe a total weight restriction :lol: ).
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Carry all you can/want. Ohio is silly about knife restrictions, but who needs a knife when you've got 3 or 4 handguns? :wink:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

sodbuster95 wrote: ...but who needs a knife when you've got 3 or 4 handguns? :wink:

Now that right there is just awesome! :lol:
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

sodbuster95 wrote:Carry all you can/want. Ohio is silly about knife restrictions, but who needs a knife when you've got 3 or 4 handguns? :wink:
Only if you're going to scalp them after shooting them.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
spioi

Post by spioi »

I always carry 2, sometimes 3 depending where I go.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Carry as many as your back will sustain.

I slowly have moved away from carrying a bug with my EDC. I won't say I never do. I will say I rarely do as of this last year. I have decided to up the size of my sharp edged tool as it likely would be more effective than the .380 on close up work when I'm out and about.

I still keep the .380 on me in the house. Even in my sleep pants as I lounge about. Its a gun for fighting to get to a bigger gun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
MeefZah

Post by MeefZah »

sodbuster95 wrote:Carry all you can/want. Ohio is silly about knife restrictions, but who needs a knife when you've got 3 or 4 handguns? :wink:
Knife restrictions?
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

MeefZah wrote:
Knife restrictions?
Yes. There is no preemption in Ohio for knives. As a result, local municipalities may (and do) pass whatever restrictions they feel like. That means that a knife that's legal in one town isn't in another.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
GWC

Post by GWC »

sodbuster95 wrote:
MeefZah wrote:
Knife restrictions?
Yes. There is no preemption in Ohio for knives. As a result, local municipalities may (and do) pass whatever restrictions they feel like. That means that a knife that's legal in one town isn't in another.

And even if your knife meets all local ordinances, your CHL only covers handguns, not knives.

As absurd as it sounds, it is possible to be convicted of CCW of a knife while legally carrying a concealed handgun. Likely?, not really (affirmative defense, yadda yadda...), but certainly possible.

A while a first offense of CCW of a knife is a misdemeanor, a second offense is a felony.
"The police are not here to create disorder. They are here to preserve disorder".
Mayor Richard Daley, 1968

I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.
MeefZah

Post by MeefZah »

Can any of you link me to a municipal ordinance prohibiting knife carry, or specifying number of knives or blade length?

First I've ever heard of it.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Cleveland Heights:

549.09 CARRYING CERTAIN WEAPONS PROHIBITED.

(a) No person shall carry on or about his person any weapon known or designated as brass knuckles, billy, slingshot, sandbag, blackjack or other weapon of similar character, or any knife fitted with a mechanical device for automatic release of the blade, opening the knife and locking the knife in the open position, commonly known as a switch or automatic spring knife, or any knife having a blade two and one-half inches in length or longer, or any straight edge razor, or any karate sticks by whatever name known.

(b) This section does not apply to any such weapons designated for use by officers of the law, or when engaged in lawful business or pursuit justifying possession of such weapon.

(c) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
MeefZah

Post by MeefZah »

Hmm, interesting. Thanks.
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

TSiWRX wrote:Cleveland Heights:
Oops. :shock:

Really? Slingshots are illegal? I guess they really like their squirrel population.
I've had consistently good results with ether.