Membership Update

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Membership Update

Post by OldManTod »

Posted over at the FB site:

Membership status: All the memberships up until now have been processed, the minions are hard at work finishing the last of the envelope stuffing. For those who send overly irate e-mails about no response you should consider: 1) I will NOT register on a security web-site to be able to respond to your message 2) You should check your return e-mail address as the last four replies I have sent you has bounced back due to an incorrect e-mail address 3) Check your spam folder before sending yet more irate notes as I have responded to your inquiry five times already.

Feel free to contact here, at the forums or at the main site with the "Contact Us" link for inquiries.
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Membership Update

Post by OldManTod »

Out of the e-mails I get, 50% of them bounce back or require some type of action without any clues on how to get in touch with people - it stinks because I know I need to respond, but without any contact information I can't even begin guesswork.

Also if people are writing to have their badge updated, I don't have a screen name to correlate it to, so there is further guesswork.

Its all good though, I may have figured out how I can put one of the volunteers to work - once I get approval, I will ping the folks who have offered to assist in membership stuff.

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

dan dan,

You can go to your user profile to see the date.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

The dates are manual, that note was made when the process of automation started.

DD I will fire up the laptop later and check your dates.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Tod, maybe some of your volunteer minions could be given the opportunity to send e-mails/postcards/etc. to let folks know when their memberships are expiring. We're about the only organization left on the planet that doesn't do that, and I'd have to bet that the costs would be overwhelmingly outweighed by the increased cash flowing in from renewals.

Just a thought... assuming you have folks volunteering to help and no other easy tasks to give them.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

ohiophotog wrote:
dan dan the XD40 man wrote:
Tourist wrote:dan dan,

You can go to your user profile to see the date.
Nope, I cannot. Mine has said "fill out info, wait 24 hours" for about 11 months now.
I'm in the same boat. I even contacted someone who was able to give me my member number because I lost it somehow, I filled out the fields in my user control panel with all the correct information and that was quite a few months ago. I even tried it a few different times on different days weeks apart and no joy. I'm sure my membership is expired now but I'm not sure when it did.
According to the membership number in your profile I matched it against the database and your expire was March 2011.

Many of these questions are obviously pointing out that a renewal notification would be most helpful.
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

I completely agree. A email or two a month or two away from the expiration date would get a great addition. I have moved twice in the last couple of years and who knows what is still in boxes or accidently thrown out. Not sure if providing an email address is part of the membership process or not but it could easily be added to accomidate the expiration notification I would assume.
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

jose45 wrote:Almost time to re-up.How do you keep your patron status? Having become a patron member of such a fine upstanding and influential organization I just can't bear the thought of not reenlisting. :D 8) Thanks,J45
Here ya go. http://secure.ohioccw.org/store/c/18-Jo ... onate.aspx
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

Rhino wrote:
Newcomer wrote:Just checked my card.
Card? I don't remember a card. I got my coin.....

I got neither, but I think that's because I missed out on the original Patron Coin order or whatever.... :?
-Erik
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

A new series of updated coins will be available soon.
Stay tuned for details.

If you sign up or have recently signed up for a Patron Membership, you'll get a coin eventually.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

It depends on how many cycles the membership minions have available and this last delay came at the hands of running out of card stock mid-mailing.

Should be all caught up now, packets went out.

Also keep in mind that I am seeing as high as a 10% failure rate by the folks that are not deterred by rain nor snow nor sleet nor rain - so if you haven't gotten anything by early/mid next week, let me know and I will mark your record to get another packet.

T
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

The phone calls are the tough one, so luckily I got some help. Its tough to call people back and try and catch them when they are home, so there are times when phone calls take some time to return.

I appreciate the help and I will appreciate even more when some of this is automated (so will you).
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Rhino wrote:
Jake wrote:If you sign up or have recently signed up for a Patron Membership, you'll get a coin eventually.
Not for renewals I hope. I already have a coin. I don't need another one. Give it to a new Patron.
The next patch of coins are going to be different.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XDm45

Post by XDm45 »

Jake wrote:
Leone wrote:
Jake wrote:The next patch of coins are going to be different.
Are you growing them?
:oops:
It appears we're sewing them.
Perhaps even mowing them. :shock:

On a serious note, my envelope came yesterday, just about 2 weeks on the nose. now if i could only get my little banner by my name... :twisted:
This Space For Rent
jenn72

Post by jenn72 »

Did you enter your membership information in your user control panel?
Like this describes....http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45563