Assulted today in my church parking lot

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rexles

Re: Assulted today in my church parking lot

Post by rexles »

Tourist wrote:The subpoena was issued in writing, make sure the "ignore it" is also in writing! :wink:
Good Idea. I called and asked a wriiten statement fro Asst. Prosecutor handling the case to cancel court date supeona :idea:
Never pick a fight with an old man. If he can’t beat you he’ll just kill you!

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun....Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks. Thomas Jefferson

SHOOT SMART NW OHIO LLC NRA Certified Instructor, Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home

NRA Life Member, MVGCA,Tri-State Gun Collectors, OFCC, Patriot Guard Member.
METL

Post by METL »

Thanks for keeping us all updated on this matter...

Glad to hear you came out on the + side of things... sounds like a scary moment for sure... not even going to say anything about you not being armed...
rexles

Post by rexles »

METL wrote:Thanks for keeping us all updated on this matter...

Glad to hear you came out on the + side of things... sounds like a scary moment for sure... not even going to say anything about you not being armed...
Thanks for not flaming me METL. As I said in original post that will not happen again.
I have come to enjoy a S&W 642 Airweight I bought off a fellow forum member. It rides quite nice in an Uncle MIkes ankle holster on top of my 8" work boots. If I am not working I still carry my Kimber UC.
BG has a hearing to meet with the judge to see if he is insane on the 17th. Was scheduled for the 3rd but the report was not in from the shrink, so they re-scheduled.

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun....Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks. Thomas Jefferson

SHOOT SMART NW OHIO LLC NRA Certified Instructor, Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home

rexles

Post by rexles »

UPDATE;
Shrink decided BG was not insane Jan 17 and he pulled his plea of Not guilty by reason of Insanity.
Court date set for Jan 23 at 9am. Have not received supeona to go yet.

OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Good! Maybe just can now prevail!

Ken
rexles

Post by rexles »

BG requested trial postponed til 1/30/2012 @ 9am

mreising

Post by mreising »

Yeah, no big deal for him. In the mean time you have to keep adjusting your schedule as he gets delays hoping you won't be able to make the trial at some point. It's too bad the victims don't have as many rights as the bad guys.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
METL

Post by METL »

This is typical "try to get off on technicality" behavior... some dude flashed his junk at my sister at a stop light while she was riding her bike... (long story) but they tried these same tactics.... and drew it out FOR A YEAR.... she showed to each time and had teh same story and kept stressing to the judge that she wanted to make sure he was held responsible... the judge noted her mettle and figured she must be telling the truth to go thru so much bullcrap to see it thru... I don't remember what the guy got...
rexles

Post by rexles »

UPDATE

Defendant, in open Court, withdrew previous plea of not guilty, orally and in writing, waived all constitutional
rights, and entered plea of Guilty to the lesser-included offense of Attempt to Commit Robbery, in violation of R.C.
2923.02 and 2911.02(A)(3), a felony of the fourth degree.
Plea accepted. Defendant found guilty. Written plea and journal entry ordered filed.
Defendant referred to the Pretrial/Presentence Department for presentence investigation and report. Matter set for
sentencing on Wednesday, February 22, 2012, at 1:30 p.m.
Bond is continued.

dingode

Post by dingode »

Glad to hear its almost over. Hopefully he'll rot in prison for a few years.
BobK

Post by BobK »

rexles wrote:UMatter set for sentencing on Wednesday, February 22, 2012, at 1:30 p.m.
Let's hope they leave the liberal playbook out of this, that it is not a simple "time served & probation" moment . . .
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
rexles

Post by rexles »

The kid does have some mental problems and he has been in ther Foster care system most of his life. He has not gotten any help from the "system" so far in life.

I agreed to the lesser charge with the idea voiced to the prosecutor that maybe he could get some help now and get steered on a better path in life. I do not see the prison system as a help, it will probably teach him how to be a better crook, unfortunetly.

We will no longer allow our schools to teach any Morals in the class room from the Bible, but we will allow it in the prison after they have made a mess of their life. Maybe a Prison Minisrty can reach him there.

I have to right a letter to the Judge for sentancing and am not sure what to say. He needs to pay for the crime, I know that.

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

rexles wrote:Maybe a Prison Minisrty can reach him there.
I have to right a letter to the Judge for sentancing and am not sure what to say.
I'm going to suggest that you let someone edit it for you! :D
(seriously, that was kind of mean... but I found it funny... please- no offense!)
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
rexles

Post by rexles »

Sevens wrote:
rexles wrote:Maybe a Prison Minisrty can reach him there.
I have to right a letter to the Judge for sentancing and am not sure what to say.
I'm going to suggest that you let someone edit it for you! :D
(seriously, that was kind of mean... but I found it funny... please- no offense!)
Sorry it was before I had my pot of coffee :mrgreen:

ToledoXJ

Post by ToledoXJ »

Rexles,

I am a Toledoan. I am in the Sylvania/Jackman area.
Would you mind telling me (us) where this took place?