Atwood Dam State Park

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Otter

Atwood Dam State Park

Post by Otter »

I recently went fishing at Atwood Dam State Park on SR 212 and noticed a "No Guns" sign. It had the circle with the crossed out handgun. It was a wooden sign, along with two others mounted below it, on two posts.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Atwood Dam State Park

Post by charben »

Otter wrote:I recently went fishing at Atwood Dam State Park on SR 212 and noticed a "No Guns" sign. It had the circle with the crossed out handgun. It was a wooden sign, along with two others mounted below it, on two posts.
Please provide more details. Was the sign posted at the entrance to the park? On the dam? On the building as you enter the park?
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
BobK

Post by BobK »

At least part of the area is US Army Corps of Engineers property, and thus is off-limits to firearms. This would be a federal law issue, not a state law issue.

At absolute minimum, the dam area is definitely off-limits. Anywhere on the lake is probably off limits as well. See http://www.lrh.usace.army.mil/projects/lakes/ati/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a current bill in Congress to make ACOE land open to firearms, similar to the National Parks legislation that passed a while ago.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

BobK wrote:At least part of the area is US Army Corps of Engineers property, and thus is off-limits to firearms. This would be a federal law issue, not a state law issue.

At absolute minimum, the dam area is definitely off-limits. Anywhere on the lake is probably off limits as well. See http://www.lrh.usace.army.mil/projects/lakes/ati/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a current bill in Congress to make ACOE land open to firearms, similar to the National Parks legislation that passed a while ago.
Hence the reason for my question...
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
BobK

Post by BobK »

charben wrote:Hence the reason for my question...
Oh, I knew what you were driving towards. We are in agreement.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?