D.Cam: Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

D.Cam: Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

Post by Jake »

Feel free to share this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: D.Cam: Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Goes Bers

Post by Javelin Man »

Sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches!!! :evil:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Thanks Jake. Shared on Facebook.
Poop!
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

rDigital wrote:The http://ohioccw.org/CantonPD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is returning a 404. :(
This works.

http://ohioccw.org/201107204953/shockin ... night.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
docachna

Post by docachna »

Makes me ashamed to admit I'm an ex-cop.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
95oRANGEcRUSH

Post by 95oRANGEcRUSH »

This officer's conduct is disgusting. I hope this turns into a lawsuit as it should.

Food for thought: Chief McKimm is NOT an advocate of open carry. Believe that has been discussed here on OFCC and wonder if this belief has trickled down through the ranks.

I am forwarding this to the Canton Repository and Akron Beacon Journal.

** EDIT ** I have submitted a brief synopsis of the video as well as the YouTube link to both the Canton Repository and Akron Beacon Journal. For final measure, I also emailed Eric Mansfield of Channel 3 News. I also sent him a message on Facebook with the video. He covers news in the Akron/Canton region.
Last edited by 95oRANGEcRUSH on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. – Edward R. Murrow
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you. – Benjamin Franklin
Gun registration is a gateway drug. – Mark Gilmore
doublestack

Post by doublestack »

Disgusting
:evil:
Glock 19 - Crossbreed Supertuck
Ruger SR1911
OH CHL & PA Non-Res LTCF
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

This will now be the thread hosting the discussion on this incident. The previous thread was located here: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We will update this thread as further actions are planned.

Thanks!
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
Orochimaru

Post by Orochimaru »

Wow... IANAL, but I've read enough to know that there are a PLETHORA of problems with this stop, ranging from procedures to civil rights violations by the score.

Regarding the cop:

How did this genitalia-magnitude-challenged reprobate ever pass a psychological evaluation and make it on to the force in the first place? This guy couldn't gain the authority and respect he craves through actions, achievements, and character, so he tried to buy it by having a badge and a uniform. His actions during this stop should end his career in law enforcement, now and forever. Period.

The notification requirement needs to go. I can understand the idea behind it (although with this hot-head cop, it might not have mattered if the notification was immediate), but its realization is flawed and vague. There are too many variables in encounters to fully enumerate them to the point of clarity.

This is a really disturbing video.
The second amendment is why we're citizens and not subjects...

‎"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

I don't believe it. It is actually worse than what I had in my minds eye.

If this officer is still on the street as an officer in a years time there is no real justice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
TDM

Post by TDM »

Is it unusual for them to park the cruiser in the middle of the road, creating a blind spot on the right side of the car ahead? Looked like things got a little rough over there, too. After seeing the video, I wonder if officers are tested for steroid use. Could explain a lot.
NRA Life, SAF, GCO, GSSA, GCA
dregan1000

Post by dregan1000 »

In addition to my comments in the other thread (mostly procedural and conduct) it occurs that Officer 1 doesn't know the law, bringing competency into the prevue of discussion. He repeated that the driver committed a felony. What felony is that? Isn't Failure to Notify a misdemeanor currently? Is the stopping in the roadway?
Specialization is for insects.
MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by MrMagoo »

Orochimaru wrote:.....The notification requirement needs to go.....
It's probably not going to be a surprise to anyone that the LEO notification problem is OFCC's next legislative goal. More about this at the picnic.
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
blah

Post by blah »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:I don't believe it. It is actually worse than what I had in my minds eye.

If this officer is still on the street as an officer in a years time there is no real justice.
Agree, MUCH worse than I had imagined in my mind. You give them a year? You are more generous than I. I say in a month. A man with this much anger and lack of self control should not have a badge.
~ Glen

What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult to understand?
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

Wow..I just posted the link on my facebook page (maybe ole Mr. Blackburn, Jr. will get his account back up after he gets out of the pokey and see it.. :D ) I also shared it with the 610 radio station host Dirk Thompson on his facebook.

I agree with one of the other posters on the whole stop and search (leaving the main disgusting behavior aside). What was the probable cause to search the car to begin with? Second, the second officer is searching the vehicle with the driver still inside? I am not sure what is more scary, pathetic, the "I should have just blast you in the mouth", "I should cave in your head", "Do you want me to pull mine out and put it at your head" or finally the "Everytime I see you I will pull you over and tow your car and throw you in jail".

Makes me wonder how he interacts with the minority population in Canton.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."