Cleveland Heights - Partial Success

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Atilla

Re: Cleveland Heights - Partial Success

Post by Atilla »

dancinphule wrote:Any update on this? There is still a sign posted in Cain Park, and their website last time I checked still had ordinances listed that seem in conflict.
At least the amphitheater area of Cain Park has a D licence for wine & beer sales. Hopefully that clears up soon too
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
docachna

Post by docachna »

charben wrote:
docachna wrote:

Did OFCC or anyone on their behalf ever follow up with CH back when this thread was first started ? Has anyone spoken to them since Cleveland v. State of Ohio ? Does OFCC want to take the lead in following up with them presently, assuming I get no answer from the Law Director ?
I actually spoke to the law director just over a week ago and he laughed at me and hung up. Considering options at the moment. This IS on the radar screen...
Two e-mails to John Gibbons' office, cc: to Mayor and council president, with no reply.

PM out to Charben. With no response from CH, I'll leave it in OFCC's capable hands.

Happy to help if requested.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
bigdan390

Post by bigdan390 »

docachna wrote:Not surprising, knowing the mindset in CH.

Perhaps a letter to Council and the Mayor, reminding them of the attorney fee provision, and pointing out that their Cleveland brothers already got spanked by the court in that regard. Sure can't see how that is good stewardship of tax dollars to throw it away paying lawyers to invalidate a statute the Supreme Court already has said is invalid.

Or, a parks walk in the summertime is always a refreshing break............... :mrgreen:
Well, in thinking over this comment, it does enrich those lawyers that support citizens rights. Hopefully our lawyer friends bill every penny they are entitled to bill. Let the obstructionists pay through the nose. Maybe we could get charbon and others signed on as part time legal staff (at the firms that represent us) for research or something and let them bill for his (their) time too. At $100 or so an hour. :lol:

I have no sympathy for ignorant government officials. :roll:

In any form of government that is elected, the people get the government they deserve. Cleveland Heights is no exception. Let them bleed cash.
BigDan390
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

I am not a lawyer. I don't even play one on TV. Get your legal opinions from a professional.
Mine may not even be worth what you paid for them.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

My daughter plays softball at Forest Hills Park in Cleveland Heights. We went to watch tonight and her boyfriend asked if I saw the sign at the entrance prohibiting weapons, which I didn't, but I told him that since it was a city run park, that we were good to go.

We both carried and watched a couple good softball games. OC next time? Maybe. :wink:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB