NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

wickedgreyzx3

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by wickedgreyzx3 »

I'm Jason from Northwest Summit County.
I just moved back here to take a position in my dad's company.
Previously I was living and working in Indiana, and was suprised how many restrictions us in Ohio have regarding carrying a weapon.
Just sayin' HI.
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

wickedgreyzx3 wrote:I'm Jason from Northwest Summit County.
Welcome aboard from a fellow Summit County resident.
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

ClevelandGlocks wrote:
to 45: yeah I drank the koolaid ;) I love my G23, it's my main conceal carry pistol.
All is well, some of my favorite people carry Glocks. Its nice to have more Cleveland people on the forum. :)
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
Kremlin_Joe

Post by Kremlin_Joe »

Hi All,

Well after lurkering around the boards for about a month I finally got myself registered. Joined the forum last week and will be sending in my membership to OFCC by the end of this one. So I thought I should make a proper introduction and first post to say hi.

I've been around firearms since I was a kid, my father was a NRA instructor for years when I was in boy scouts and I've always owned a variety of shotguns and rifles for trap and target. However, I hadn't really given much thought to owning a pistol or regularly carrying until a recent event back before Thanksgiving. Long story short I was on the south east side of Cleveland later in the evening dropping off some donated items for a local technology enthausists nonprofit group. We finished unloading everything and went inside their building to sort through the stuff and chat for a bit. While inside one of our quality fellow citizens decided that they needed some parts off my truck more than I did. Most notably the catalic converter that they did just a marvelous job removing with a hacksaw requiring me to replace the entire exhaust system. :x

Well, dealing with that mess got me thinking. What if I caught them trying to flee the scene when they finished? What if I'd come out earlier and caught them in the act? What if they'd been armed? Where we were, could I have gotten away? Could I have defended myself if necessary? Well with that incedent and still being involved with a number or organizations around Cleveland that are not always in the best parts of town, I decided to look into getting my CHL. After applying some google-fu, I found this great site and organization. This is a fantastic resource you all have created and I can't thank you enough. Being able to read the various posts and topics really answered a lot of my questions regarding carrying and has really given me a good idea of what to expect as I move forward on getting my CHL. So once again Thanks and Hi!

-Mike aka KJ
"BEHAVE Komrade, or I let fly with the NUKES!"
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

Welcome Mike! You won't find a better group of knowledgable people at the local level.
-Erik
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

Hello Mike, and welcome aboard. I am right around the corner if you need anything.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
baldbear

Hello Everyone!

Post by baldbear »

Ive lurked on this forum for a while, theres a lot of good info here, so I figured I'd join.
After years of him-hawing around, I took my CCW NRA Basic Pistol course last weekend & applied for my permit today, I was so nervous about making sure all my "T's" were crossed & my "I's" dotted at the sheriff's office, and as I wrote out the check my heart dropped into my stomach, the deputy said' "Everything appears to be in order, I just need to see your training certificate"... I'll be damned if I didn't leave it at the house, lol. But I busted butt back home, grabbed my certificate, & made it back to the office before they stopped processing CCW's just in time to get fingerprinted & a head shot.
Hope my permit comes soon!
mropencarry

Post by mropencarry »

Hope my permit comes soon!
I'd rather see you get a license. (We're kinda sensitive about that here.) Welcome to the herd.
wildwilly

Post by wildwilly »

Good evening all. I have read a few of the items and I like the idea that you run a tight ship. Keeping it clean is easier for all. This is just my second day here and I am looking forward to a friendly and informative time with all of you. I have been shooting for over 50 years and have seen many changes during that time. Once again, looking forward to a friendly time here.
Bill
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Thanks Willy!

Welcome aboard.
:D
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

wildwilly wrote:Good evening all. I have read a few of the items and I like the idea that you run a tight ship. Keeping it clean is easier for all. This is just my second day here and I am looking forward to a friendly and informative time with all of you. I have been shooting for over 50 years and have seen many changes during that time. Once again, looking forward to a friendly time here.
..50 years straight, wow, that would make my hand hurt, not to mention my wallet... :) Just kidding of course.
..........Welcome to OFCC.....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
swelms22

Post by swelms22 »

Hi my names Sam. I'm from cuyahoga county. I have been around guns for the last 2 years and fortunately they stuck. Now that I am of legal age to obtain my chl I feel it necessary to exercise those rights!!! I look forward to talking to everyone and learning the ins and out of open and soon to be carry concealed. Thank you!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

swelms22 wrote:Hi my names Sam. I'm from cuyahoga county. I have been around guns for the last 2 years and fortunately they stuck. Now that I am of legal age to obtain my chl I feel it necessary to exercise those rights!!! I look forward to talking to everyone and learning the ins and out of open and soon to be carry concealed. Thank you!
Welcome Sam. Lots of good information on the site. Oh yea, I know you. About time you showed up. :lol:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

swelms22 wrote:Hi my names Sam. I'm from cuyahoga county. I have been around guns for the last 2 years and fortunately they stuck. Now that I am of legal age to obtain my chl I feel it necessary to exercise those rights!!! I look forward to talking to everyone and learning the ins and out of open and soon to be carry concealed. Thank you!
Welcome, Sam - what do you plan to carry, and what will you carry it in?
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
swelms22

Post by swelms22 »

pirateguy191 wrote:
Welcome Sam. Lots of good information on the site. Oh yea, I know you. About time you showed up. :lol:

Isn't that the truth!!