WTS salsa

Commercial sales are permitted in this forum IF they are products or services directly related to the firearms community and all rules posted within are followed.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tbram88

WTS salsa

Post by tbram88 »

I would have put this in commercial section but it said it must be firearms related so hopefully this is the right category. (if not Mods please move it)

After ten years my wife and I finally got our salsa business off the ground, Please check out our website at http://www.GringoValley.com.
We are fully FDA compliant and produce in a licensed cannery. We are partners with "Ohio Proud" and support local farmers and businesses.

Our salsa comes in 16 oz. jars and is sold in four and six packs, we also offer free delivery in the Toledo area.

Unfortunately we only have our "Original 10 Pepper Salsa" (which would be considered hot) available right now, but our "Mild 7 Pepper Salsa" will be available after Oct. 27th.

Thank you and please "Buy Local"

All the best...Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: WTS salsa

Post by Mr. Glock »

Good luck with your new business, it's always good to see someone getting out there and trying it.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Thanks a lot for the support it has been a long road. I know I won't be able to quit my day job anytime soon, but it was a huge step for us to get from selling mason jars to friends and family, to having a retail ready product.

Were working on getting into some stores but for now we need to utilize the website fore sales. BTW if anyone in the local area wants to try it you don't have to buy a four pack, we will sell single jars for $5.50 and deliver for free as long as its close to Toledo.

In the spring we will be hitting the farm markets and festivals with tastings and free samples.

All the best...Bob
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

...Give us a shout when the mild is available, I'll take 4 bottles....Good luck...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Two questions:

1 - Is your salsa Gluten free?

2 - Any idea how many carbs per serving?
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
eagle45
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by eagle45 »

We make our own, but I know a few folks at work that might be interested, mainly because I give them some of mine each year.

Some pics of the packaged product on your website would be nice - maybe in the jar and also in a bowl or on a chip. Helps visualize how 'chunky' it is. Best of luck with your business!
"Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks.” Thomas Jefferson.
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Morne wrote:Two questions:

To the best of my knowledge Gluten mostly comes from wheat flour, there is no notation of gluten in my nutritional analysis.

Total Carbohydrate Per serving is 2.0g 1% DRV.

Complex Carbohydrate 0.3g Per serving

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

eagle45 wrote:

Some pics of the packaged product on your website would be nice - maybe in the jar and also in a bowl or on a chip. Helps visualize how 'chunky' it is. Best of luck with your business!
Good Idea and thanks I have more pictures i need to sort through I'll see what I can do.

All the best...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:...Give us a shout when the mild is available, I'll take 4 bottles....Good luck...
I have a batch scheduled for Oct. 27th. but the labels might be a few days behind that.

I will let you know for sure.

Thanks for your support...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

tbram88 wrote:
Morne wrote:Two questions:

To the best of my knowledge Gluten mostly comes from wheat flour, there is no notation of gluten in my nutritional analysis.
Total Carbohydrate Per serving is 2.0g 1% DRV.
Complex Carbohydrate 0.3g Per serving

There could be a gluten contribution if you use malt vinegar. Other vinegars, no.
Unfortunately I use malt vinegar in my salsa.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

AlanM wrote:

There could be a gluten contribution if you use malt vinegar. Other vinegars, no.
That's good to know (Malt Vinegar) but I use distilled white vinegar so there should be no gluten.

Thanks a lot for the input...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

tbram88 wrote:
AlanM wrote:

That's good to know (Malt Vinegar) but I use distilled white vinegar so there should be no gluten.

Thanks a lot for the input...Bob.
Also, monosodium glutamate (MSG) has it. And most folks who are touchy about Gluten avoid anything with "food starch" unless it is specified to be something non-gluten containing (like corn).

All that said, sounds like a winner! My wife will prefer the mild, I am sure. So when you get that batch done be sure to post about it, because I'll snag some mild and some hot off of ya! Salsa goes very nicely with eggs at breakfast... :mrgreen:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
nick0

Post by nick0 »

congrats on your achievement!
I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Morne wrote: Salsa goes very nicely with eggs at breakfast... :mrgreen:

I loves me some eggs, salsa, cheese in a burrito! :wink:
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Just a quick update, I have a lot of Original (hot) salsa and its selling well, but I'm sad to announce that my production run of Mild had to be delayed.
Once my FDA forms come back from the lab (still waiting) it takes four to six weeks before my schedule of process is approved. The FDA is very slow, and I cant proceed until then.

I have a bunch of unhappy customers waiting for mild but this is beyond my control. On the plus side the (mild) label is finally done and I have it posted on my website.

I will keep everyone posted as soon as it is available.

Thanks...Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!