Fun 'n' Gun was......fun!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Fun 'n' Gun was......fun!

Post by Brian D. »

Hi. Just wanted to start this off for everybody who was at TDI for Fun 'n' Gun II this weekend.

I was one of the safety officers (for group F, which was quickly dubbed "F Troop"). Had a fine squad, with a mix of folks from all over the state, and with a variety of handguns. Happily, both the shooters and their equipment ran pretty well all day. :wink:

Also would just like to thank everybody in the squad for pitching in with target patching, scoring, etc. and just otherwise being helpful and attentive--that sure makes the S.O.'s job easier. A couple of F-Troopers even stayed around at the end and helped tear down the stages. That was most appreciated, believe me!

Things seemed to run right on time the whole day too, that's always a clue that things were planned out well. Kudos to OFCC, TDI, and Randy Bueche and his staffers too for that!

More later if it pops into my head..
Brian D.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
hiker

Post by hiker »

It was an awsome day! Sincere thanks to the OFCC folks that made this happen. It was a ton of fun, beautiful weather, and some great folks to hang around with. Thanks Brian & everyone else from OFCC - you guys worked your A**'s off to put this together. That really showed and the result was a top shelf event. I sincerely thank you guys!

TDI is a great place! I agree with Roy's idea of a thank-you email. I'm going to wait & tie my "TDI thank-you" to a class registration (pistol series.) Hopefully seeing some $'s come back as a result of the event will help. Hey, I never would have heard of the place without Fun 'n Gun. Hopefully they will be able to host us for years to come.

Ok, ok. . .I was the rookie in F-troop and I want to thank you guys for all the help, patience, & putting up with me. I'm sure I gave Brian & crew lots of opportunity to "roll your eyes" but nobody did. You guys were patient with my questions & very supportive with help & advice. I learned a ton - you guys gave me lots of pointers, and I picked up even more just listening to you guys shootin-the-breeze. Thanks - it was great!
Hiker Greg
pniemeyer
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pniemeyer »

Brian,

Just wanted to give a big ol' thank you to you and Randy for leading us through the various stages. You guys kept things running smoothly and helped to enhance the overall experience.

I had a great time! It was a lot of fun and, as always, I picked up a few pointers on things I need to work on during any range time I can squeeze in.
Roller
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

SO for "A" group says thanks......

Post by Roller »

I was the SO for the "A" group and a fine group it was. We also had a mix of people, some shooters with experience and some novice shooters. All went smoothly and, most important, safely.

I want to thank Mike, who kept score for me. A great job keeping up. And I want to thank all of my squad. You were all great to work with and I hope to do it again sometime.

Now that you have a taste of the TDI facilities and trainers, give serious thought to taking some classes down there. You won't regret taking the classes, other than you will be sore and worn out at the end of the class.

Gary Hoff
:D
Stay safe; Check 360
XDShooter
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by XDShooter »

Hey Roller, I was one of the A team novices!

This tactical shooting stuff is great!

The TDI people sure know how to run a safe and really fun and challenging shooting event. I was in awe of your’s and their professionalism. I will be back.

Tom
Springfield XD-40 Service
Taurus Millenium Pro PT-140
Suzuki GSX-R750
eljay45

Post by eljay45 »

I was the SO for "B" sqaud. We had a great bunch of people with varying degrees of shooting experience and backgrounds. We had one young man in our squad that impressed us all with his ability to safely handle his weapon and get good hits on the targets. I'm guessing he was about 12.

By the end of the day I noticed a definate improvement in gunhandling skills and confidence levels , so hopefully we all learned something and had fun at the same time.

Hopefully some of you will be able to take advantage of the facility again in the near future. You may also want to consider trying IDPA. Although it is not a subsitute for training it can be a usefull practice arena, and it's a lot of fun.

For those of you close enough we have an IDPA match in Oxford this coming Sunday, 9 April
GWC

Post by GWC »

I was on "B" squad too. I was impressed by everyone's skills and safety habits, especially the young man's. Can't wait till next year.
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

It was an interesting day, & it seemed on some stages, I couldn't miss fast enough, thanks to all those that helped put on the event.
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Many thanks to everyone at OFCC and TDI. My wife is very new to the shooting sports and we both appreciate how everyone went out of their way to make her feel welcome and re-assure her when she wasn't the best/fastest shot.

Thanks everyone!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Pictures? Anyone? Anyone??
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Terry Wolf

Yessss! Kudos to All--

Post by Terry Wolf »

Picture this: A warm, sunny afternoon in the Southern Ohio hill country; 60 members of OFCC firing some 15,000* rounds of ammo in a wide variety of scenarios, SAFELY, and on schedule, and with great range officers, and with TDI personnel, helpful, everywhere. What a day!

And some Grandmas packing heat. And some Grandpas as well. And many family groups. And that very adult young man folks have mentioned. And no one even heard of one negligent discharge. Did I say SAFELY!

Yes, Thank You to our host and TDI owner John Benner and staff, and our own OFCC leadership, and all you IDPA folks who kept our dance cards very full--all day, professionally! What a day!

Kudos indeed.

--Terry

*my estimate: 60 shooters X 250 rounds each
Old Coastie.
Ohio CC License issued April 2004.
Roller
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

XDshooter;Thanks for the kind words......

Post by Roller »

It was a pleasure shooting with you and the rest fo the squad.

Gary Hoff
:D
Stay safe; Check 360
jbody95

Post by jbody95 »

Well, I haven't heard anything for the C group yet ! I think we did pretty darn good.

Seriously though, it was a great time. Me and my fiance look forward to returning next year. All the work that was put into making this possible was well worth it and very appreciated.
jlaing

Post by jlaing »

I was on the "A" team this year and had a great time. I'd like to say thanks to all at TDI and OFCC for all their hard work. They did a great job. Roller, my SO for the last 2 " Fun and Guns", thanks for being patient with the new shooters while accomodating the more experienced.
That made it fun for all. I must also thank all the members of the "A" team for taping all the unncessary holes in my targets. I got a littile carried away a couple of times.
Roy C

Post by Roy C »

jbody95 wrote: Well, I haven't heard anything for the C group yet ! I think we did pretty darn good.

Seriously though, it was a great time. Me and my fiance look forward to returning next year. All the work that was put into making this possible was well worth it and very appreciated.
Indeed, Group C was a great time!

Roy